Looking for a factory unlocked lumia 1520

Michael Maciel

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am looking for a unlocked Nokia Lumia 1520. I found one on newege that claims to be a factory unlocked version of the 1520. Would anyone know if this phone will work overseas. Currently living in guam, and I believe most of there networks run on gsm frequency. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you!

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you know the bands your service provider runs on? that will ensure if you will get 3G/4G. If you are not concerned about data speeds, then it will work.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The RM-937 is the international version. You can buy it unlocked on eBay for ~$600. The only thing is that you won't get LTE in the US or Canada.

Michael Maciel

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Too AlienHead95 -Yes, I would like to have 4g. My service provider offers 4g service and this is what I took from there website. "It will work on GTA network if it is a GSM phone that supports at least one of these frequencies: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz." I am not sure if any of these frequencies are 4g though.
Too Kebero, So if I can not get LTE in the us or Canada will I still be able to get LTE hear? Thank you again for your help.

Michael Maciel

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Also I do not know if this will help but I also pulled this from there site.
"GTA upgraded the software of its mobile broadband network to HSPA+. HSPA stands for "High Speed Packet Access" and provides extended and improved network speeds. When HSPA+ is combined with enhanced backhaul, GTA already fast mobile broadband network delivers even faster 4G speeds."

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
LTE availability will depend on the carrier. I don't know what bands are available in Guam, but I think the US and Canada are the odd man out, so to speak. However, it looks like your carrier only offers HSPA+.

Takiat

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes finally, I just got the ATT Nokia 1520 unlock code and it works! LTE,text,MMS,data everything working flawlessly and super fast. Phone is 2 days old and incredible!
Had a friend at ATT hook me up otherwise I would have had to return it since they are not unlocking due to exclusivity to ATT.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Just got my unlock code from AT&T this morning in an email. Used the AT&T unlock request website.
Now, if I only knew how to unlock it. Ha ha ha I'll have to do some research.

Takiat

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. Just got my unlock code from AT&T this morning in an email. Used the AT&T unlock request website.
Now, if I only knew how to unlock it. Ha ha ha I'll have to do some research.
Turn off phone, insert tmobile sim turn phone back on, type in unlock code when it prompts, hit enter. That's it.
Also, you will have to go to settings/cellular then edit internet apn to fast.T-Mobile.com click save. Then edit mms apn to fast.T-Mobile.com and in the same settings scroll down and change MMSC(url) https://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc then hit save. Under network selection hit t-mobile and that's it. Everything should work perfectly.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Turn off phone, insert tmobile sim turn phone back on, type in unlock code when it prompts, hit enter. That's it.
Also, you will have to go to settings/cellular then edit internet apn to fast.T-Mobile.com click save. Then edit mms apn to fast.T-Mobile.com and in the same settings scroll down and change MMSC(url) https://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc then hit save. Under network selection hit t-mobile and that's it. Everything should work perfectly.

Thanks! I appreciate the help. Now, what would you do with it? I'm thinking about putting it on eBay.

Takiat

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I appreciate the help. Now, what would you do with it? I'm thinking about putting it on eBay.
I was planning on keeping it, unless I can get around 900 for it. What are you planning on selling yours for? I am thinking big money since I can't just keep going to my buddy to get unlocks indefinitely and I do want this phone.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was planning on keeping it, unless I can get around 900 for it. What are you planning on selling yours for? I am thinking big money since I can't just keep going to my buddy to get unlocks indefinitely and I do want this phone.

I'll probably keep it for a while. I can always sell it in the future and make decent money for it due to it being unlocked. I looked on eBay and saw the 32 gig unlocked phones were mainly priced around $600 US. Kinda bummed because mine is the 16 gig version, so $600 is probably out of my reach. I guess I'll just wait and see. I am thinking about saving up and getting a 1320 just for fun. :)

Takiat

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably keep it for a while. I can always sell it in the future and make decent money for it due to it being unlocked. I looked on eBay and saw the 32 gig unlocked phones were mainly priced around $600 US. Kinda bummed because mine is the 16 gig version, so $600 is probably out of my reach. I guess I'll just wait and see. I am thinking about saving up and getting a 1320 just for fun. :)
Yeah but those are probably NOT the ATT versions. Which means no LTE. With ATT version you get LTE and everything working perfectly. If someone really wants this and doesn't have a friend at ATT they are probably out of luck at least until the exclusive ATT deal runs out, and who knows how long after that before they start JUST unlocking paid in full phones. I don't think 900 is unreasonable since the phone cost 600 anyway. They are paying 300 for the unlock since they don't have a connection with ATT person is all.

Takiat

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
actually I just looked and they want 700 for unlock"able" ATT version, which just means it has the ability to be unlocked. But it is NOT unlocked. 200 more for an already unlocked phone guaranteed is a no brainer

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
actually I just looked and they want 700 for unlock"able" ATT version, which just means it has the ability to be unlocked. But it is NOT unlocked. 200 more for an already unlocked phone guaranteed is a no brainer

Thanks for the info. Just might see what I can get then.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The RM-937 that you see on eBay works perfectly on AT&T and T-Mobile networks. You don't get LTE, but in most cases HSPA+ is going to be just as fast as LTE would be.

Michael Maciel

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all who participated in answering my question. I just read that a Lumia 1820 and or Lumia 1525 will be released in the coming months. Will Hold for these phones.

Michael Maciel

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
A little about the rumored 1820 and 1525 both have amazing specs, and both have 2k resolution displays. there is a breakdown of each on phonearena's website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes