ATT 1520 on T-mobile - Internet sharing / tethering issue

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey WP8 fans. Please copy and paste any links that relate to the internet sharing hack on ATT Lumia 1520 to be used on T-mobile's network. Personally, I've attempted using two (foreign and previously used) SIMS but I'd have to report that I'm unsuccessful at getting wireless tethering to work on the 1520. I have yet to try the Spanish keyboard method. Any feedback from community members would be greatly appreciated.

Spanish Keyboard method - xda-developers - View Single Post - Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM
Foreign SIM card method - http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html

Best,

-Alpo

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaemon Derrick1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue for a very long time and i just figured it out.
heres what i did:
go into your search and press the 'eye' button so you can scan a QR code
go to the link and scan the access point code Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions
install it and once its done, at the bottom of your settings list there will be 'Access point'
go into and and you should see your carriers APN settings etc and if not add them
now try to turn on internet sharing, it should work now with no issues whatsoever

Good Luck!

docangle1

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get my unlocked AT&T version working on T-mobile with Internet Sharing and MMS using the Foreign SIM Method. My device is running Windows 8.1 Dev. I just followed the directions in the post and it worked like a charm. They key is that not all foreign SIM's work. I used a UK Pay as You Go SIM (O2), it didn't work with a Canadian Virgin Mobile SIM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes