Nokia Lumia 1520

Szajda78

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I thinking about too switch frome Samsung Note 3 too Nokia Lumia 1520.
I am very pleased with my Note 3 I wonder if I will pleased with Lumia 1520? I wonder if Facebook, Twitter and Tapatalk is as good at Wp as on Android? Anyone make switch from Note 3 too 1520?

Skickat fr?n min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you rely on the S-Pen or other TouchWiz features, such as the dual app functionality? If you do, the L1520 may not be for you. Otherwise, I think the few apps you mentioned work very well on the WP platform - especially when you can also fall back to the FB and Twitter integration in the OS.

madasafishuk

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Ive just come back to Lumia 1520 from the note 3 and have noted the following;
After a day the size difference is unnoticeable.
The Lumia build quality is a lot better than the note3
Signal strength seems to be stronger and data works on H or H+ unlike the note 3
Im missing a couple of apps but nothing a few work arounds haven't sorted.
All in all im glad to be back on Windows phone device 😊

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have switched from a Note 3 to Lumia 1520 over a month ago, and to be honest, I wouldn't go back to the Note 3. The Lumia is an amazing phone, great camera, great battery life, I love its size and you get most used apps from Android. Facebook, Twitter, Taptalk, Whatsupp, etc, they all work great on WP. The only disappointed part of is that the G+ app on the WP is not that great and you can only get as a 3rd party app. Overall, I couldn't be happier from my move from Note 3 to the Lumia 1520.

Kalyan Chowdary

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Guys I am switching from Lumia 720 to 1520..
All I need to know is that is Lumia 1520 future proof for at least 2 years.. Or will I get up update to Windows 9

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Guys I am switching from Lumia 720 to 1520..

All I need to know is that is Lumia 1520 future proof for at least 2 years.. Or will I get up update to Windows 9

I think it's future proof,and there is no reason not to think that you won't get WP 9..

As to switch from the Note3

That's strictly going to be a personal choice since it's a great phone that has a lot going for it and has a wide range of things that can be done to it to customize it in ways a WP cannot be. If you are comparing stock to stock phones,then you need to determine what you are using it for and see which phone meets these demands best for you.

WP is different,tiles as opposed to widgets,and that is just the start.
There are apps that can take the place of many for each,but some that won't..

Get one if these phones in your hands and really look it over good,and make sure before you jump.

I had the Note2 fully rooted,running the latest custom roms,and for myself it got very tiresome constantly changing things around. It was nice having mine set up but I needed a change,and totally disliked the Apple iPhone,so this was a natural choice.

Comparing all the phones,this 1520 had the best screen,SD card,excellent specs to carry it well into the next 2 or 3 OS upgrades so yes it's future proof,but there will always be a better mousetrap built next year..

You need to spend some quality time with one,to get to know if you want it,and I did.........which is why I switched from my Note. It's bigger,brighter,and faster and with 8.1 to my eyes,looks better than my Note running a custom Kit Kat rom.

Good luck

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2