Lumia 1520 MMS Confirmation (AT&T)

Jonathan Cannatello

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Since I received my new 1520 from at&t I have been receiving MMS delivery confirmations. At first it didn't bother me but now it is really annoying getting 8 confirmations when I send a group text. I went to turn off the setting but it is not there. I have spoken to at&t and Nokia and both had me do a bunch or phone resets and other troubleshooting techniques and nothing worked. They pretty much said my phone doesn't have that feature so they cant help me . . . nevertheless I am still getting these annoying confirmations. Anybody else with this issue or insight on how to fix it? Thanks

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Since I received my new 1520 from at&t I have been receiving MMS delivery confirmations. At first it didn't bother me but now it is really annoying getting 8 confirmations when I send a group text. I went to turn off the setting but it is not there. I have spoken to at&t and Nokia and both had me do a bunch or phone resets and other troubleshooting techniques and nothing worked. They pretty much said my phone doesn't have that feature so they cant help me . . . nevertheless I am still getting these annoying confirmations. Anybody else with this issue or insight on how to fix it? Thanks

Weird, haha. I've never heard of that, and would have said to contact AT&T as it sounds like something added on with the service rather than the phone. But you've done that already.

Do they just show up in line in the group text as if someone was replying to you "I've read this"?

Jonathan Cannatello

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, its really weird. I couldn't find anybody else online with the same problem.

No, whenever I send a picture or a message in a group text (any MMS) I receive a text message from "Mobile operator" in a separate thread saying "The message you sent to +********* was delivered." and I get one for every person I sent the message to.

My brother also has a 1520 on at&t so we swapped sim cards and tried it, my phone still received the delivery confirmations. When my sim was in his 1520 I did not receive them. So I don't think the issue is connected to at&t or my sim in any way.

Hopefully I will have time in the next couple of weeks to go to the Microsoft store to show them and prove to myself I am not missing an obvious fix, until then thank you for your help and response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon