New Sandisk 128GB MicroSDXC Support

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
There may be a bottle neck...
You are no right. Vendor's speed of card is the maximum speed that this card can reach. A lot of things can slow down your writing speed (SD Card interface, CPU, Battery level and so on). This app writes 500Mb file to SD card and calculate time taken to finish. Now just simple mathematics and you got your real interface speed. And do not forget that this is mobile device :) It should not as fast as PC with USB 3.0 interface.

Why a lot of users with Ultra card (30mb write speed) have stuttering while video recording? Just because interface+(other things)+sd card not always produce maximum speed.

I believe that is what I said... with fewer words. And there are nonPCs that write much faster than 10, 20 or even 30 MB/s per a second. I addressed that in another thread and posted a table with hard numbers.

Why a lot of users with Ultra card (30mb write speed) have stuttering while video recording? Just because interface+(other things)+sd card not always produce maximum speed.

Again that was covered long ago. Sandisk Ultra cards at least in the older smaller capacities seemed to have more issues than similarly rated cards. Personally I would not be an early adopter of anything that says "Sandisk Ultra" on it for critical "high" MB applications such as HD video.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I believe that is what I said... with fewer words. And there are nonPCs that write much faster than 10, 20 or even 30 MB/s per a second. I addressed that in another thread and posted a table with hard numbers.

Again that was covered long ago. Sandisk Ultra cards at least in the older smaller capacities seemed to have more issues than similarly rated cards. Personally I would not be an early adopter of anything that says "Sandisk Ultra" on it for critical "high" MB applications such as HD video.

Excuse me, I somehow missed it :)

And here is separate app for testing SD card only.

SD Card Speed | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Amazon did not up the price. Amazon is no longer directly selling it. If you look closer, you see Amazon is fulfilling from a Marketplace seller. THEY are the ones setting the price.

I saw that Amazon is using a fulfillment company instead. Net result is the same though, as there is no longer a way to buy it from Amazon at the $119.99.

In 6 months I imagine it will be $99.99 but for now I would be hard for me to say to anyone "buy it"

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I saw that Amazon is using a fulfillment company instead. Net result is the same though, as there is no longer a way to buy it from Amazon at the $119.99.

In 6 months I imagine it will be $99.99 but for now I would be hard for me to say to anyone "buy it"

You have that backwards. Company XYZ is selling the item and Amazon is fulfilling the sales channel request for that business.

That's how marketplace works.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Typo. Happens when I'm Caffeine Challenged....

It's a typo that changes the fundamentals of the situation however, and I think underlines a basic misunderstanding that's happening here.

Amazon is currently out of stock on the item...so it's defaulting to a marketplace seller, not Amazon themselves as the default option.

When Amazon has stock of the item again it will default to Amazon for that page, and list the price Amazon has for the item.

So if Amazon is still selling it for the price originally listed in this thread, then it will default back to that price. As it stands right now, Company XYZ does have stock sitting in a warehouse controlled by Amazon, and Amazon is just handling the packing and shipping. Company XYZ owns the actual 'stock' being sold.

Make sense? :)

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's a typo that changes the fundamentals of the situation however, and I think underlines a basic misunderstanding that's happening here.

Amazon is currently out of stock on the item...so it's defaulting to a marketplace seller, not Amazon themselves as the default option.

When Amazon has stock of the item again it will default to Amazon for that page, and list the price Amazon has for the item.

So if Amazon is still selling it for the price originally listed in this thread, then it will default back to that price. As it stands right now, Company XYZ does have stock sitting in a warehouse controlled by Amazon, and Amazon is just handling the packing and shipping. Company XYZ owns the actual 'stock' being sold.

Make sense? :)

Make perfect sense to me. Also I have no issues with being corrected. Accuracy is always worth striving for.

I still wouldn't pay $229.99 though and Amazon is (for now) listing this as the preferred option when someone goes to look for the product. Most people won't care when looking to buy the product that it is now coming from reseller XYZ vs. directly from an Amazon warehouse. All they are liable to care about is that the price went up 91%. others might be OK with it. Either way it's worth knowing.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Make perfect sense to me. Also I have no issues with being corrected. Accuracy is always worth striving for.

I still wouldn't pay $229.99 though and Amazon is (for now) listing this as the preferred option when someone goes to look for the product. Most people won't care when looking to buy the product that it is now coming from reseller XYZ vs. directly from an Amazon warehouse. All they are liable to care about is that the price went up 91%. others might be OK with it. Either way it's worth knowing.

Thanks. It's nice to chat with someone who understands and doesn't think I'm being a jerk simply because I'm straight-forward. :)

I agree. I wouldn't pay $229.99 either. I was being hopeful that for those who want this product that Amazon gets stock back in at the same price as before.

I'm personally holding out for an Extreme Plus version of this :)

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Today installed 128Gb Sandisk on my 1520. Finally no stuttering when recording video!

Almost a power-rush isn't it? :wink:

About a month in now and I'm just thrilled about no longer being concerned about running out of space on my 1520 while doing the things I want to. Again, not everyone needs that much room but for those who do, a little 128GB love (plus a 6" screen) really do change the dynamics of what a mobile device can do.

arseny92

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Did place an order for it on Amazon on March 27, and it is still out of stock with May 6-17 delivery estimate. Huge problems with getting stock I guess. Do someone know from where the supply chain goes from for that card? Since such long wait time can only mean the chain is going on a ship through the Pacific...

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as how the release of this card was seriously behind the Moore's law schedule, I can only guess that there's a tremendous backlog of demand for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers