Photos hub - Upload error

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello WP Fans!

First off, I LOVE my Lumia 1520 and its got a clean record for taking great pictures and automatically backed it up on the OneDrive. Although recently, I've noted that the my photos for a period of 3 days, have not uploaded images to the OneDrive. When I access the Photos App on the phone, it takes a few moments to show "Upload Error" at the bottom left corner. When I tap on the "Upload error" text, it shows a list of items which have problems uploading, although the screen appears to be frozen and I cannot scroll up or down, nor can I "Tap to retry." The only way I can exit the screen is if I press "back" and hold, until I select another app running in the background or close the photos app. This is a very strange error which I have not come across. Please see attachments.

Here's some relevant background:
1. OneDrive passwords are correct on the phone
2. Autouploading is enabled at Best quality and WiFi is enabled when I am trying to backup photos.
3. Photos are defaulted to save on my memory card (which has over 25 gb of free storage available) and over 3 gb of free storage on the 1520 built-in memory.
4. Photos/Videos are viewable on the phone by accessing the "camera roll" with no problems.

Pointers? Suggestions? Feed back? Please let me know!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140331_0005.jpg
    wp_ss_20140331_0005.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20140331_0006.jpg
    wp_ss_20140331_0006.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
First thing I would try is doing a soft reset. This won't erase any files but you may need to reset your time and date.

Soft reset -> Hold volume down and power button until phone vibrates then let go. Phone will restart.

The other thing I would suggest is try removing your SD card and see if the photos are able to be moved over to the computer and can be viewed. The reason I say this is that my wife's L820 had a corrupt SD card and we ended up losing a bunch of photos. I found no way to fix this other than to buy a new card. Nothing worked.

Keep in mind any SD card, regardless of manufacture, can have a bad batch of SD cards. I read many reviews on cards and found out about this.

If your able to move photos and view them I would suggest formatting the SD card once you return it to the phone. If you can't move them and want to risk it, you can try doing some diagnostics on the SD card. There's several programs about. Then take some photos and see what happens.

Good luck.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
First thing I would try is doing a soft reset. This won't erase any files but you may need to reset your time and date.

Soft reset -> Hold volume down and power button until phone vibrates then let go. Phone will restart.

The other thing I would suggest is try removing your SD card and see if the photos are able to be moved over to the computer and can be viewed. The reason I say this is that my wife's L820 had a corrupt SD card and we ended up losing a bunch of photos. I found no way to fix this other than to buy a new card. Nothing worked.

Keep in mind any SD card, regardless of manufacture, can have a bad batch of SD cards. I read many reviews on cards and found out about this.

If your able to move photos and view them I would suggest formatting the SD card once you return it to the phone. If you can't move them and want to risk it, you can try doing some diagnostics on the SD card. There's several programs about. Then take some photos and see what happens.

Good luck.

I tried doing a soft reset as well as reformatting the SD card. When I went back to the photo hub it seems to be stuck on the photos that were originally unable to upload to the Skydrive, but newer more recent photos have been uploading without a hitch. I'm going to do a hard reset and hope that solves the issue. Any other suggestions?

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Good luck.

Oh woah, looks like I found the solution to the problem. Here's the steps I took to resolve the problem. Big shout out and thanks to N_LaRUE who helped me fix the Photo hub upload issue.

1. Extracted the files from the SD card - Backup all files on the SD card and put them on your PC. Make sure you take anything and everything of value to you out of the SD Card.
2. Format the SD Card - to format go to ... Settings > Phone Storage > SD Card > Format SD Card
3. Remove Photo Hub App from Home screen - Tap and hold on the photo app if its on the Home screen then unpin it from start.
4. Soft Reset - Volume Rocker down + Power button until you feel a vibration
5. Check Photo Hub - Go to the list of applications and select the photo hub it should show "Uploads waiting" at the lower left and it will allow you to select photos that were pending uploading or had issues with uploading. I canceled all uploads in upload waiting area.
6. Reupload any documents that were backed up onto the SD Card - Use your PC to drag and drop any files that were on the SD Card previously.

Please post if you had similar problems or issues with this fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon