1520.3 (RM-938) owners w/ screen issues - Where'd you buy your device?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to pick the best place to buy my 1520.3 from (Negri vs Newegg). Right now Newegg is out of stock but I'm willing to wait if they have less defective units. Can those with screen sensitivity, bright pixel, and/or other screen issues let us know where they got theirs from? Thanks in advance!

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I purchased and received my 1520 from Newegg. I've had it less than a day but so far so good. Based on reviews and personal experience with 8.1 DV Preview I'll be leaving this phone stock until the official update from Nokia. I've tried WP8.1 on my 521 and a 1320, both of which worked flawlessly but with the 1520 I don't want to void the warranty on such an expensive piece of hardware. I ordered the black, which I'm happy with.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the feedback. From other threads (very small sample size though) I'm getting the hunch that the Newegg devices have fewer problems. I think that just may be a coincidence based on very unscientific evidence though, hence I opened this poll. I'll wait for some votes before coming to any conclusions. Thanks again.

*Edit: P.S. You have Glance turned on right?

Last edited:

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the white 938 from Negri.
I experience the occasional "swipe-tap". It doesn't happen a lot---and if I slow down my swipe by a bit the problem "goes away."

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there is a clear line about this "defect." People's experience vary depend on their touch habits, I bought mine from Newegg and occasionally I will experience the issue, but if I slow down a bit then it's not an issue at all. I think both Newegg and Negri units come from the exactly same batch.

spoonersgirl

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought my white 1520.3 from Negri . I did have to switch my settings to "normal" sensitivity and that has helped. I still have some issues, but not so much if I apply more pressure on the screen. Additionally, I do have the 8.1 installed, on the T-Mobile network. (And have LTE speeds as well- here in Memphis, TN)

Forgot to say, I am using Glance on "peek" and it is problem free.

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Really appreciate the feedback, everyone! I still won't claim that there's any correlation, but so far, I've only heard Newegg purchasers say they have absolutely 0 issues. Wish I could collate those posts all into this thread.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, based on the few that voted + those that replied + posts in other threads, still looking like the Negri units have more problems than the Newegg ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon