Tips for dealing with tap/swipe/scroll bug...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
...often referred to as the "screen sensitivity bug," though my personal opinion is that the screen's sensitivity may not be relevant to the problem. I've tried different combinations of disabling glance, haptic feedback, etc. with no noticeable difference.

Anyhow, we have tons of posts/threads about the issue and since there still isn't a fix, how about we share some tips for helping deal with and minimize occurrences of the bug?

I spend a lot of time browsing social media through the People Hub. This is where I witness the bug the most and where it's most annoying for me. One "trick" that has helped significantly is to never stop scrolling. It's easy to do, quite mindlessly I might add, once you get used to it. It basically involves scrolling very slowly when you'd otherwise stop scrolling (and would otherwise lift your finger away from the screen). So, I'd scroll normally while browsing tweets and Facebook posts in the People Hub, then when I want to stop to read something in a little more depth, I'd instead just slow the scroll down to a snail's pace then just pick it back up when I'm done reading.

The above method pretty much eliminates the problem for me within the People Hub. Any other tips?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes