Windows 10 Mobile build 14965 Discussion (Redstone 2; Slow Ring)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
i still can’t figure out how to ‘save current location/place as’ in Windows Maps 5.1611.3162.0. When i click on Favorites and then ’Add a place’ i’m taken to a search page with all my favorites and i can't see an option to ‘save as’ if i want to add a particular location to where i’m at.
"Drop A Pin" at your current location.
Go to Favorites and select Add A Place
Scroll through the list of addresses and find the address of the Pin you dropped
Select it
It's Added

EDIT Go back and remove the Pin cause now there's a permanent gray dot there about the same size as the dot that marks your HOME location.

Cutest avatar I have ever, ever seen :smile:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster

Last edited:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling the calendar app and then reinstalling. Kind of a brute force approach, but uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive and my bookmarks manager app resolved similar sync issues for me earlier this evening. Not sure what the real issue was/is.

Paul

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Seeing random crashes. Phone is not automatically restarting. Only black screen, buttons not working. Only getting battery out and in again will give a restart.
Multiple times a day since a few days. Lumia 650.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Then don't be on the slow or fast ring. Never a good idea to use your daily device in Windows insider when it comes to using one phone or if you need functions to work at all times. Get a second windows phone to do all the testing you heart desires. I have a Lumia 640 for testing out the fast ring. I don't use my Lumia 950 for OS testing. Especially when I need my phone to work in case I get a txt for meetings an such. Or anything important. Or a call. That just my two cents. No offense intended to anyone. :)

Ghost, this is excellent advice, and should be adhered too. BUT:

My frustrations are not just confined to my Mobile phone, I have lost the reliable functionality of two computers (mostly wifi and/or Bluetooth, issues) and HOURS of time to AU, and the point is: that a BASIC intrinsic feature malfunction should not hit the distribution channels, ever! let alone...repeatedly.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
You mean US English isn't available? What's up with that?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

It was working fine, for some reason I reset it (factory reset), now it need to download US English speech again and it's now available for now, it's known bug for this build.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
"Drop A Pin" at your current location.
Go to Favorites and select Add A Place
Scroll through the list of addresses and find the address of the Pin you dropped
Select it
It's Added

EDIT Go back and remove the Pin cause now there's a permanent gray dot there about the same size as the dot that marks your HOME location.

Thanks Alan.

I wish that future versions of Maps would give us a dedicated 'Save current location as' button such as was present on Here Drive/Maps.

Cutest avatar I have ever, ever seen :smile:
:smile:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Alan.

I wish that future versions of Maps would give us a dedicated 'Save current location as' button such as was present on Here Drive/Maps.

STUPID ME!! IT'S SO MUCH EASIER THAN WHAT I TOLD YOU! As soon as you drop the pin you get a window. Among the selection is "Save" and from the drop down Select "To Favorites". When you "Select" it it changes the Pin to a Blue Dot with a White Star in it. Sooorrrryyyyy.

EDIT >>> AND from that same window you can Select EDIT and give it a knickname!!!!!
Sorry it took me so long to take this all the way, but I was working on something last night that was rather complex so I didn't give more than a cursory effort to your issue. BUT YOU'RE THERE NOW :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Great. Thanks Alan.

But once I've dropped a pin, would i be able to adjust the position of it to more to display the location? (My fingers are fairly large to accurately place the pin).

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Great. Thanks Alan.

But once I've dropped a pin, would i be able to adjust the position of it to more to display the location? (My fingers are fairly large to accurately place the pin).

"I've" never been able to move a Pin. But the Pin is gonna disappear right? so how can it be in the way?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Alan.

On a related issue: With the recently released Map app, has anyone figured out how to move an existing "saved place" (fka favorite) to a "collection" on Mobile?

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
On a related issue: With the recently released Map app, has anyone figured out how to move an existing "saved place" (fka favorite) to a "collection" on Mobile?
All I can think off the top of my head is delete it and save it again so you get the option to save it to a collection, existing or new.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Alan, I am not aware of any update? I am on 14965, is there a mobile update, I know there is an update for PC's?

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone finding they can dl this update directly OTA or is everyone doing/done wifi? I know it's 1.5 gigs but I have 47 gigs on my plan, all for me and I'm thinkin' MS might not let this go OTA (metered) because its 1.5g. Grrrrrrrr

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

What update are we talking about? Is there something beyond 14965? My phone also says it is up to date on 14965.1001 and the post that got this started was way back on November 9th referring to 14965.

Paul

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Alan, I am not aware of any update? I am on 14965, is there a mobile update, I know there is an update for PC's?
Nahhhhh..... I miss read. I just need a nap :winktongue:

I'll delete my posts.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

philhightech

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
^ I'm seeing the lock screen lag too. For me, it's the most frustrating bug of all. Little things like answering a call or receiving a text become quite aggravating. BTW 14997 is available...downloading now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte