New Nokia 1520 keeps restarting every 5 seconds with charger plugged in

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
Sorry if doubleposting, but I had issues creating this thread.
My new Nokia Lumia 1520 just vibrates and shows the Nokia logo for 5 seconds and then it becomes dark if no charger is connected.
If I press the Power button again, I get the same thing and the vibration.
If I connect the charger it keeps doing this all the time. I left it connected for an hour and with the same result.
Must be a damaged phone?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
That's really strange. Do you have WP8.1 on it? That might be causing the problem. Since it's a new phone, maybe try a hard reset (hold volume up + power button) to fix it? If you do a hard reset make sure that you back up any files you might have on your phone that you wouldn't be able to get back since a hard reset removes everything.

Last edited:

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, no. I have not done anything with the phone.
The only thing that I did was to put in the SIMcard tray that was sitting on the left of the phone. I did it without a SIMcard.
But that shouldnt affect the phone, or will it?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
You're right, not having a SIM card in the phone shouldn't be doing that. I think if the phone is still having this issue you should try a hard reset, since you haven't done anything with the phone.

Syd90

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, no. I have not done anything with the phone.
The only thing that I did was to put in the SIMcard tray that was sitting on the left of the phone. I did it without a SIMcard.
But that shouldnt affect the phone, or will it?

I had the same trouble with my nokia 1020 i ignored it for two days since i was travelling later my bluetooth and wifi stopped turning on so after reaching home i did a soft reset and than a hard reset the problem persisted so finally i took it to the nokia store turns out there was some hardware issue. anyway got a refund since i had it for like 10days, so i got the 1520 and it is running smoothly with no issues till now for me.

Hope this helps try to make a backup and hard reset if it becomes fine than it was a software bug (I'M assuming you are on 8.0 and not 8.1 developers software).

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
That's really strange. Do you have WP8.1 on it? That might be causing the problem. Since it's a new phone, maybe try a hard reset (hold volume up + power button) to fix it? If you do a hard reset make sure that you back up any files you might have on your phone that you wouldn't be able to get back since a hard reset removes everything.

When doing a hard reset, for how long should I hold down the buttons?
Will there be something I need to confirm on the phone if I want to do it?

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same trouble with my nokia 1020 i ignored it for two days since i was travelling later my bluetooth and wifi stopped turning on so after reaching home i did a soft reset and than a hard reset the problem persisted so finally i took it to the nokia store turns out there was some hardware issue. anyway got a refund since i had it for like 10days, so i got the 1520 and it is running smoothly with no issues till now for me.

Hope this helps try to make a backup and hard reset if it becomes fine than it was a software bug (I'M assuming you are on 8.0 and not 8.1 developers software).
I will try that and see if it works.
I am just worried that if I get it working there may be something else that is wrong on the phone as well.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
When doing a hard reset, for how long should I hold down the buttons?
Will there be something I need to confirm on the phone if I want to do it?

You should keep holding on to the buttons until the phone vibrates and turns off.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
Sorry if doubleposting, but I had issues creating this thread.
My new Nokia Lumia 1520 just vibrates and shows the Nokia logo for 5 seconds and then it becomes dark if no charger is connected.
If I press the Power button again, I get the same thing and the vibration.
If I connect the charger it keeps doing this all the time. I left it connected for an hour and with the same result.
Must be a damaged phone?

From what I understand there's a hardware fault, in my opinion I think it's to do with the current flow and the system shuts itself to protect itself. But I've heard of this before and I recall it was to do with 1020 drop test the windows logo would flash and not turn on. I'd advise to go to your nearest nokia care point!

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Soft Reset & Hard Reset

I found this on nokia website FAQ - My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected
FAQ - FAQ - My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected - Nokia - USA
The first one is the soft reset
The second one is the hard reset
I tried the second method and, it seems to have been working!
Charging the phone now but it seems to be at the setup screen.
I Heard a Little sound from the phone like it was ready.
I dont hope that there is anything else now that is wrong with the phone, IF I get it working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital