• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    Hi all,
    Sorry if doubleposting, but I had issues creating this thread.
    My new Nokia Lumia 1520 just vibrates and shows the Nokia logo for 5 seconds and then it becomes dark if no charger is connected.
    If I press the Power button again, I get the same thing and the vibration.
    If I connect the charger it keeps doing this all the time. I left it connected for an hour and with the same result.
    Must be a damaged phone?
    06-06-2014 06:54 PM
    That's really strange. Do you have WP8.1 on it? That might be causing the problem. Since it's a new phone, maybe try a hard reset (hold volume up + power button) to fix it? If you do a hard reset make sure that you back up any files you might have on your phone that you wouldn't be able to get back since a hard reset removes everything.
    Last edited by sd173; 06-06-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    06-06-2014 07:07 PM
    Well, no. I have not done anything with the phone.
    The only thing that I did was to put in the SIMcard tray that was sitting on the left of the phone. I did it without a SIMcard.
    But that shouldnt affect the phone, or will it?
    06-07-2014 07:42 AM
    You're right, not having a SIM card in the phone shouldn't be doing that. I think if the phone is still having this issue you should try a hard reset, since you haven't done anything with the phone.
    06-07-2014 08:03 AM
    Well, no. I have not done anything with the phone.
    The only thing that I did was to put in the SIMcard tray that was sitting on the left of the phone. I did it without a SIMcard.
    But that shouldnt affect the phone, or will it?
    I had the same trouble with my nokia 1020 i ignored it for two days since i was travelling later my bluetooth and wifi stopped turning on so after reaching home i did a soft reset and than a hard reset the problem persisted so finally i took it to the nokia store turns out there was some hardware issue. anyway got a refund since i had it for like 10days, so i got the 1520 and it is running smoothly with no issues till now for me.

Hope this helps try to make a backup and hard reset if it becomes fine than it was a software bug (I'M assuming you are on 8.0 and not 8.1 developers software).
    sd173 and chris800 like this.
    06-07-2014 08:09 AM
    That's really strange. Do you have WP8.1 on it? That might be causing the problem. Since it's a new phone, maybe try a hard reset (hold volume up + power button) to fix it? If you do a hard reset make sure that you back up any files you might have on your phone that you wouldn't be able to get back since a hard reset removes everything.
    When doing a hard reset, for how long should I hold down the buttons?
    Will there be something I need to confirm on the phone if I want to do it?
    06-07-2014 09:08 AM
    I had the same trouble with my nokia 1020 i ignored it for two days since i was travelling later my bluetooth and wifi stopped turning on so after reaching home i did a soft reset and than a hard reset the problem persisted so finally i took it to the nokia store turns out there was some hardware issue. anyway got a refund since i had it for like 10days, so i got the 1520 and it is running smoothly with no issues till now for me.

Hope this helps try to make a backup and hard reset if it becomes fine than it was a software bug (I'M assuming you are on 8.0 and not 8.1 developers software).
    I will try that and see if it works.
    I am just worried that if I get it working there may be something else that is wrong on the phone as well.
    06-07-2014 09:10 AM
    When doing a hard reset, for how long should I hold down the buttons?
    Will there be something I need to confirm on the phone if I want to do it?
    You should keep holding on to the buttons until the phone vibrates and turns off.
    06-07-2014 09:41 AM
    You should keep holding on to the buttons until the phone vibrates and turns off.
    Soft Reset & Hard Reset

I found this on nokia website FAQ - My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected
    FAQ - FAQ - My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected - Nokia - USA
    The first one is the soft reset
    The second one is the hard reset
    chris800 likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:22 PM
    Hi all,
    Sorry if doubleposting, but I had issues creating this thread.
    My new Nokia Lumia 1520 just vibrates and shows the Nokia logo for 5 seconds and then it becomes dark if no charger is connected.
    If I press the Power button again, I get the same thing and the vibration.
    If I connect the charger it keeps doing this all the time. I left it connected for an hour and with the same result.
    Must be a damaged phone?
    From what I understand there's a hardware fault, in my opinion I think it's to do with the current flow and the system shuts itself to protect itself. But I've heard of this before and I recall it was to do with 1020 drop test the windows logo would flash and not turn on. I'd advise to go to your nearest nokia care point!
    06-07-2014 12:49 PM
    Soft Reset & Hard Reset

I found this on nokia website FAQ - My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected
    FAQ - FAQ - My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected - Nokia - USA
    The first one is the soft reset
    The second one is the hard reset
    I tried the second method and, it seems to have been working!
    Charging the phone now but it seems to be at the setup screen.
    I Heard a Little sound from the phone like it was ready.
    I dont hope that there is anything else now that is wrong with the phone, IF I get it working.
    06-07-2014 04:44 PM
    keep it plugged in and let it charge....
    Aftrer that it will be fine.
    06-07-2014 05:12 PM