Turning down screen brightness

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a question regarding adjusting the screen brightness.
I am visually impaired and I want to turn it down as much as possible since I am using Narrator the screen reader in Windowsphone 8.1 so I get Everything in speech.
Well, if I turn the screen brightness down to low, is it easy for someone to see what I am doing or is there an app that will let me allmost do the screen dark?
On other platforms there are.
Many thanks for any help!

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
On the upcoming Lumia Cyan update there will be an option to manually set the brightness level for each preset, Low, Medium and High, so that will maybe be the solution for you :).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In general, the dimmer the display, the harder it is to read.

For the lowest possible brightness as of now, make sure the brightness is at Low, and not automatic, and turning on Battery Saver will dim the display further, as well as turn off the button lights if your device has it. But it does impair some functionality, could be worth it though.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i have found out that turning it to auto is the best bet. when in direct sunlight it rams up the brightness to provide good visibility and when in a dark place it will reduce the brightness to less than the lowest settings..
i actually found the "low" setting not so low...

jagdeep chohan

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
In general, the dimmer the display, the harder it is to read.

For the lowest possible brightness as of now, make sure the brightness is at Low, and not automatic, and turning on Battery Saver will dim the display further, as well as turn off the button lights if your device has it. But it does impair some functionality, could be worth it though.
battery saver on

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Battery saver on 1020 does not dims screen brightness anymore for me, neither it puts capacative buttons light off. What to do??? Please help me

check settings under "display" the setting to dim display may have been flipped.
make sure battery saver is enabled too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon