Is Lumia 1520 screen sensitivity issue fixed or still present ?

TEEBEEWEEBEE

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to believe that my problem was app related. After receiving the Music and Video updates yesterday I no longer have screen issue problems. I couldn't use the phone more than 5 minutes for over a week without it going crazy but now it works perfectly.

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 1520 to the windows 8.1 preview and the problem is still definitely there. In fact, I feel that it happens more frequently than on 8.0. Hopefully it will be addressed soon

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 1520 to the windows 8.1 preview and the problem is still definitely there. In fact, I feel that it happens more frequently than on 8.0. Hopefully it will be addressed soon

i dont think now they are going to do something about the issue.. its been a year since the phone came out and had the touch issues

still they havn't done anything yet !!!!

they are going to release a new model at the end of this year .. and lumia 1520 users have to live with this forever.!

no one from nokia said they are going to fix the issue in windows 8.1 ... its just the expectations of some people ..!!! :(

Anthonyfear

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Why do you suppose people like wpcentral don't cover this issue? It's clearly a widespread problem, but neither Nokia nor reviewers seem to mention it ! If it was an apple device with this problem the tech press would tear them apart !

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a replacement 1520 for a different reason. My original 1520 that I bought back in November definitely had the issue though My replacement that was delivered 2 weeks ago has no sign of the issue at all.

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got a replacement 1520 for a different reason. My original 1520 that I bought back in November definitely had the issue though My replacement that was delivered 2 weeks ago has no sign of the issue at all.

so you have not a single tap while scrolling ? thats amazing

i think now i can buy the cell ..but i will buy the model manufactured in june or july 2014 ..

ITS GOING TO BE HARD TO FIND BUT LETS SEE, :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
so you have not a single tap while scrolling ? thats amazing

i think now i can buy the cell ..but i will buy the model manufactured in june or july 2014 ..

ITS GOING TO BE HARD TO FIND BUT LETS SEE, :)

I don't have the issue at all anymore. I agree with you, the later the manufacture date, the better, in my opinion. But, just in case you were wondering, the manufacture date on my phone is February of 2014.
Good luck looking for your phone.

pw38

May 24, 2013
Visit site
is there is anyone who has no tap issue ... or the screen sensitivity issue with their lumia 1520 ?

anyone ?

I have many issues with my 1520. The sensitivity issue has gotten worse since I've been in the DP. The random swipes, erratic behavior, etc. has gotten really bad the past month. It's to the point where I have to tap the sleep/wake button everytime I use the phone because it becomes unresponsive/starts going crazy. There's a video on youtube where a guy has the same problem. It's really annoying and is making me think twice about getting involved with the DP program again. If I need to downgrade to 8.0 and wait for Cyan I will do it but if it doesn't fix and/or gets worse I will need to get a new phone. I bought it in April though and don't have insurance through ATT. Is there a way to get a replacement from Microsoft? It's really sapped my enjoyment of the phone. Very depressing.

NoodleKing

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I got my 1520 back around March I think, and it's been almost flawless. I upgraded from my 920, which IMHO it still a great phone. So far the only issues I've come across have to do with rare data lag. I'll be using WiFi or regular cell data and have full bars, but for some reason it doesn't want to load a page in IE. Rebooting the phone usually fixes it. I've noticed the sensitivity problem, but it hasn't really been that big of an issue for me. By comparison, it's slightly more sensitive than my 920 was. I've just gotten used to using a lighter touch and I try to avoid links or buttons when scrolling so I don't accidentally open anything.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed lighter or heavier touches to make any difference what-so-ever. I've experimented with that exhaustively. I've started to experiment with actually setting screen sensitivity to "high." I've had it on normal since I've owned it. Though Nokia hasn't admitted yet, this is more than likely a hardware issue, so I don't think I'll notice much of a difference. Not a positive one anyway.

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been having screen issue suddenly from a month now. Bought it in January,everything was great. Suddenly one fine day screen started to flicker,auto scroll,bing search/voice search opening automatically. It is worst now - random auto touches,calls getting disconnected,auto restarts... becoming almost unusable :shocked: :cry:

I don't know what to do. I am going to take it to nokia care since it is still in warranty period.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon