Nokia 1520 ads are back after upgrading to 8.1 PLEASE HELP!

Rob00000

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my Nokia 1520 to 8.1 software a couple of weeks ago. I had apps already installed that I had paid money to remove the ads. After installing 8.1 all the ads are now back on my apps!! Why? I paid to have them removed when I had 8.0 & the ads went away. They immediately returned after downloading 8.1 to my 1520. I called AT&T who told me they have nothing to do with that. I explained the charge to remove the ads appeared on my AT&T bill. They told me to contact Nokia. Has anyone here ever tried to contact Nokia? I have for a couple of weeks now & it's pretty impossible. I posted this question at Nokia facebook. They ignored it, etc. There is no number to call. This is my third Nokia cell phone so I love their product but they have no customer service. I even tried their forum discussion. Oh, yeah, I tried uninstalling the apps & reinstalling them & the ads are still there. Can someone please help me! Nokia won't help, nor do they appear to care. Thank you all.

Rob00000

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes! I downloaded the free app, then I clicked on HIDE THE ADS & agreed to a fee to be charged to my AT&T bill that would remove the ads. I did it & it worked! Then I upgraded to 8.1 & the ads are back! I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the apps many times & it doesn't solve the problem.

Last edited:

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Usually I just push on the iap and then it takes me to the store where it tells me - You've already paid for this app. Would you like to reinstall it?

Maybe try that, it's always worked for me when this happens.

hasanajouz

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me too.
It's easy. just act as you are going to purchase these features again and you will see that they are free.

Rob00000

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
WOW! Thank you both! I did exactly what you said & it worked! I went to purchase it & it said I already owned it & wanted to know if I wanted to reinstall it. I clicked yes. I reinstalled it & low & behold no ads! I did get an immediate text from AT&T saying I purchased it for $2.01 but I think that text is automatically generated when you click to buy it. I doubt I'll be actually charged. Thanks again everyone!

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
WOW! Thank you both! I did exactly what you said & it worked! I went to purchase it & it said I already owned it & wanted to know if I wanted to reinstall it. I clicked yes. I reinstalled it & low & behold no ads! I did get an immediate text from AT&T saying I purchased it for $2.01 but I think that text is automatically generated when you click to buy it. I doubt I'll be actually charged. Thanks again everyone!

You're welcome, glad to help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon