1520.3 Group SMS Bug

saJustin

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So I'm getting my own messages on my 1520.3 Cyan when i message a group. I have group text on, and lets say i select 3 people, then i type in "Hey" then at the top of the message window it lists the 3 said people PLUS my phone number and I get my own message sent to me.

Now this didnt happen on my 920 with 8.1dp so im not sure what is going on. On the phone with ATT now but they have no clue either lol. Anyone else having this issue?

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm getting my own messages on my 1520.3 Cyan when i message a group. I have group text on, and lets say i select 3 people, then i type in "Hey" then at the top of the message window it lists the 3 said people PLUS my phone number and I get my own message sent to me.

Now this didnt happen on my 920 with 8.1dp so im not sure what is going on. On the phone with ATT now but they have no clue either lol. Anyone else having this issue?

I have this problem consistently with the 8.1 update 1 developer preview on top of official cyan update. I've reflashed my 1520 (ATT) a few times now trying to isolate when this problem comes up and as far as I can tell, it's only happening with the 8.1 update 1 developer preview. Official cyan update seems to work fine for me.

saJustin

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I got it fixed last night after I made this post, here is what I did, in this exact order, not sure if all steps are needed but its what I did.

1. Turn off group text
2. delete group thread(s)
3. Start a new text like you are sending a goup message, add 2 or more people and send them a message, get a reply, should be in its own thread from the other person.
4. Reboot the phone
5. Delete previous group thread
6. Turn ON group text
7. send new group text

At this point i was no longer listed as a recipient in the thread and stopped receiving my own texts. Hope this helps others.

flatronics

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
question, not related to the bug.

Why is the message in Group SMS is being sent as MMS? Does it really works that way on Lumia phone?
with my other phones it is sent as SMS.

Regards,

Seth Brewster

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
this worked!!!! No idea why, but it did. I've had this bug for a few months and this finally fixed it! would love to know what actually happened in the background when these steps were performed, but ill take the it.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Had this same glitch occur early in the week, disabled, rebooted, reenabled, and all is well again. Very weird, but glad I'm not alone and that it's fixable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3