1520 in music festivals.

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey I attended 2 huge music festivals where there are a lot of people there. My question is: Why does it say I have full 4G, but in actuality I don't. I tried soft reset and restarting my phone. I am on ATT. So is it my carrier, phone, or just a lot of people in the area?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
True, but the op doesn't give enough details. Full "bars" of 4g, and how does he know which one the op is on if the phone says 4G?

Needs to clarify.

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I cannot make calls or use internet. I won it from the Microsoft store. I should be able to do those things if it says I have signal right? This only happens when I'm at a music festival where there are thousands of people. I'm just curious if that's normal or not. Thanks for all the replies people.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's more likely something wrong with the cell towers around there. Perhaps they are at capacity.

This is probably the issue. You see the same problem at football games. The massive concentration of phones overloads the cell tower. It's also possible that all those phone radios in one spot are interfering with each other too much and the cell tower just sees static.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon