Finally jumped ship today, but some questions.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
[Going to try to make this one as short as possible]
I finally got my device today after two weeks of searching with no hope (long story). I got to say Im loving this device, feels just perfect, especially the screen. Soon as I ripped it out the box, when my bro held it, he exclaimed "This is a solid phone".
I also got the DT-900 charging plate and an Mpero case, but to my suprise, a cp-623 case came in the box (dont think I will be using it much tho).IMAG0022.jpgIMAG0021.jpgIMAG0011.jpgIMAG0009.jpgIMAG0007.jpgIMAG0004.jpgIMAG0003.jpg

Ordered tempered glass protector from ebay to but hasnt arrived.
Already updated to wp8.1 and enjoying it. Only negative feedback I have now is the fact the phone gets too damn hot! But otherwise, good so far.

And I have some questions, do you use zune to transfer media (music, video, photo) to your phone or you just copy and paste? Does one have an advantage over the other?
And also, what apps do you use for viewing various forms of media?

Any other suggestions?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there and congratulations on the new phone. No, Zune can't be used to syncronize your media, you'll need the Windows Phone App for Desktop - plug your phone into your PC with the lead and it should prompt you to find and install the application. Or you can copy/paste if you'd like.

As for media, it depends on what media you're wanting.

For the overheating, I'd recommend a soft reset - press and hold the power + volume down buttons until you feel the phone buzz (about 20 seconds). Let go when you feel the phone buzz and the phone will restart. Hopefully that will stop the heat.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Zune doesn't work with devices running windows phone 8 and above. Glad to see your enjoying the 1520 since I too have one in yellow. If your running a windows 8 PC you can connect via USB and it will detect your phone as a storage device and you can just drag and drop music pictures and video into the folders in the phone. You can also download the transfer app from the windows store and when you connect your device it will ask you if you want to run the app instead. It does tent to get a little on the back side above the camera area sometimes. Other than that I can see myself using this phone for another year or two if it is upgradable to windows phone 9.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
There is no Zune support from WP8 days, so its just copy-paste from PC. I never liked Zune though :)
For Music, I would suggest to try ModerMusic(Works well as native music player). Give XBM a try and trust me, you'll hate it :p
Xbox Video is fine. You can try MoliPlayer that plays almost all sort of videos. VLC is in waiting queue for WP.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, also, I would like to know how I can add a slang to my dictionary when typing.

And what apps do you use to watch locally uploaded movies?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When you type new words into the phone, you'll see a red squiggly underline for words. Tap on the word, and you'll see the word pop up in the suggestion bar with a plus symbol next to it. Tap the plus symbol to add the word to your custom dictionary. The phone won't add what it thinks are swear words though.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The phone will add swear words. They will even show up in the predictions. Daniel Rubino once talked about this. You have to use the word at lease 4 or 5 times before the system picks up that that's the actual word you want. After that it'll show up.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your new addition!
White looks so good on Nokia phones. That is one original case, I will give ya that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2