And they kept telling me it was too big!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The people now using the iPhone 6+ that is. Now it's not too big :) Apple has created the big phone! It now is socially acceptable to have a big phone.

Also, keep hearing about the new iOS8 features that have been in WP8.1.

But I'll admit, it is a nice phone.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. That's the only thing that bothers me about the iPhone 6+. Sure, it's a nice phone, but I can't stand to see and hear popular media pulling their collective heads out of Apples a$$ to trumpet in the dawn of the big phones. You just have to laugh.

Tigerinc

May 29, 2014
Visit site
There is some truth to this. A close friend of mine who is an Apple devotee (both at home & work) actually picked up my 1520 the other day and held it for the first time. He was kinda sizing it up. Then he asked how much bigger it was than a 6+. :grin:

Nine months ago he would of said "it's just too big!" :winktongue:

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
All the reviews were about how cumbersome, gigantic, and frustrating the size of the Nokia 1520 is.

Apple releases the 6 Plus and suddenly those same reviewers praise them for jumping on the Phablet market, how glorious the screen size is...

I hope more folks are at least awakened to the bias in tech review sites/blogs. They're just brand loyalists.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was watching ABC nightly news' coverage of the protests in China the other night. On the TV screen was a picture looking down on a massive number of demonstrators. It was dark in the picture, and you could see the lights of their little screens from what looked like a thousand smartphones. The ABC anchorman said, "And in the middle of the historic events happening in Hong Kong, a picture showing a thousand iPhones marking the event." I couldn't help but laugh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2