Going 1520 December because Denim not going to change 1020

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Is't worth to go 1520 this christmas? I got 1020 at the moment and i can't stand the slow camera. Perfect images and so but i can't capture "the moment" because starting the camera takes way to long. Lost many great moments with my daughter because the start is slow :p

And now when i saw Denim video-preview was i blown away with the speed.. and found out later that this will not change the 1020 at all.

Was trying the 1520 in the store yesterday and since i got pretty big hands was it awesome. Never had the chance to try it in my pocket. Is't clumsy in the pocket? "Normal pants".

And any rumors on new "lumia" phones this year?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll just cut to the chase on the last sentence - unless something drastically changes, I don't expect any new high-end Lumia phones until the release of Windows 10.

Now, as for the 1520, go for it, but see if you can keep both phones. ;)

Sure, the 1020's camera is slow, but it's still the best in the business, so use the 1520 as your daily driver, but have the 1020 for those still shooting moments.

Best of both worlds! :D

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll just cut to the chase on the last sentence - unless something drastically changes, I don't expect any new high-end Lumia phones until the release of Windows 10.

Now, as for the 1520, go for it, but see if you can keep both phones. ;)

Sure, the 1020's camera is slow, but it's still the best in the business, so use the 1520 as your daily driver, but have the 1020 for those still shooting moments.

Best of both worlds! :D
What would keep me from doing that if I was in the OP's shoes is the different size SIMs and the fact that the 1020 has a SIM tray. The 1520s use a nano-SIM so the 1020 would require an adapter. Its common to damage a phone when the adapter shifts a small amount as the tray is closed. The pins that contact the SIM can get wedged between the adapter and the nanoSIM and break or bend going in or coming back out when the owner realizes the SIM shifted even if only partially into the phone. For that reason I changed my backup from a 925 to a 635. Phones like that give you access to the SIM and adapter from all sides since a tray/caddy isn't used.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Could still use it as a stand alone camera, not bother with the SIM card and only use Wi-Fi.
Doh! How did I overlook that?

Of course the 1020 would then be even slower to be ready to take a picture since you have to go thru the "no SIM" warnings. LoL

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is't worth to go 1520 this christmas? I got 1020 at the moment and i can't stand the slow camera. Perfect images and so but i can't capture "the moment" because starting the camera takes way to long. Lost many great moments with my daughter because the start is slow :p

And now when i saw Denim video-preview was i blown away with the speed.. and found out later that this will not change the 1020 at all.

Was trying the 1520 in the store yesterday and since i got pretty big hands was it awesome. Never had the chance to try it in my pocket. Is't clumsy in the pocket? "Normal pants".

And any rumors on new "lumia" phones this year?

Just asking why you do not keep Lumia 1020 camera app open, so it is faster to switch to use it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty