Does Netgear PTV-3000 work with Lumia 1520?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I can not get this to work properly.

I hooked it up to my TV via HDMI. I downloaded the latest firmware and updated it (2.4.53).

It rebooted, then said 'waiting for available signal'. On my notebook computer (Dell M3800), I swiped the charms, selected 'devices', and went to 'project my screen'. It searched for a wireless display, found the PTV-3000, and 'connected'. On the TV, the PTV-3000 said it was connecting, but then the screen went black. I could see my cursor moving around, but nothing else..

My 1520 never sees the device at all. Do I have to have WiFi on to see it? Do I need to update windows phone 8.1? I am on 8.10.12397.895

So frustrating, I just wish stuff would work!

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
arg, I am thinking my notebook doesn't work because it has a HiDPI screen..

It resizes the screen once it connects (and I see the WiDi logo in the bottom corner), but nothing shows up on the TV.. Just a black screen with a cursor..

My phone always says "This phone can't project your screen with a wireless connection. Connect with USB."

Is there a way I can update the phone so I can project wirelessly? ATT says I have the latest version of WP8.1, but I see there are newer versions

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have two PTV-3000 devices (one at home and one at work) and I have had no problems hooking my 1520 up to either one. The Miracast protocol uses wifi to establish a connection directly between the two devices, so yes wifi must be on when you are using it. Make sure you have the Lumia Cyan firmware installed too, as that enables the Miracast support in the hardware so you can connect. I have Cyan installed and am running the 8.1 update developer preview, so my OS version is 8.10.14176.243.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes