1520 w/ 8.1 + Cyan - D.P?

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a recently purchased 1520 running all the current updates. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to the Developer Preview. I know that I get "folders" but should I download the update or just stay stock?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a recently purchased 1520 running all the current updates. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to the Developer Preview. I know that I get "folders" but should I download the update or just stay stock?

Considering the fact that MS will release the next firmware update at the beginning of next year, you could just wait, but I keep mine active just in case we get early "goodies" lol

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Considering the fact that MS will release the next firmware update at the beginning of next year, you could just wait, but I keep mine active just in case we get early "goodies" lol

But any bugs do not outweigh the benefits of having the "folders" etc? Also, will it cause any issues with me getting Denim when it hits?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There aren't any bugs and if there are MS does try to provide a fix asap :) Nope dev preview won't hinder that in any way

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No there very little to say bad about preview for developers! Its app based and only a matter of signing out from the app when the official update rolls out.. I used to be in the same bus as you and got fed up reading about getting early use of new software updates and made the jump and now enjoying features which will roll out months later. You've a flagship phone and it will have no bother with lag, were older devices are showing there age with the new heavier features software. Bugs are very few and most are apps based on how they run. You really should read the Editor's reviews from here and maybe help with your choice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes