• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
06-02-2015 04:54 PM
31 12
tools
    I am currently going through these issues with my L1520.

Phantom screen touches. Screen is inoperable. Touch doesn't work. Have to soft-reset every so often to use the device. It got to be too much to deal with this past Saturday, that I did a total Hard Reset to the device, and didn't restore using a back-up; to see if that would help eliminate any issues.

Well, 5 days later, and the issue has resurfaced again. Instead of resetting again, I've taken some advice from here, and just removed the protective case. We'll see if that helps at all.

I, unfortunately, am out of warranty with this device. I went to file an insurance claim, but the can't replace it with the same device. They offered me a HTC One running Android as a fair exchange replacement. I told them no thank you.
    05-28-2015 12:36 PM
    My screen issues became so bad with my AT&T 1520 that I shelved it. I've never used a screen protector on it. I've used a variety of cases with it...snap-ons, thin ones, thick bumper style, leather flip cases, etc. The issue never went away. Soft and hard resets...just temporary fixes. Recently, I bought another, brand new AT&T 1520. I've had it since February. The same issues have appeared on this phone as well, but they only occur maybe once or twice a month...and not nearly as bad.
    05-28-2015 12:52 PM
    So, I removed the case 2 days ago, and just this morning, the issues started to happen again. Getting very frustrated here. Chatting with AT&T to see if they can be of any assistance.
    05-30-2015 08:18 AM
    I finally sent my phone to Palco for repair - I've had it back for a month & a half ...

Like a NU phone, NO phantom touch, NO tap for swipe!
    They replaced the digitizer/LCD assembly, cost $219, roundtrip of 8 days.

I expect to get more in resale (ultimately) with proof of LCD replacement to remediate this issue.
    I tried everything to remediate the issues, with NO luck, until I had it repaired.

BTW - vibra motor is attached to LCD, possibly turning that off will eliminate some of the issues. Double tap to wake s/b OFF, also.
    05-30-2015 11:37 AM
    So... looks like AT&T isn't going to be able to help me. Out of warranty, and the Asurion insurance can't offer me an exact replacement. They've offered me an Android device, to which I declined the service. I need to find out the cheapest option to get a 1520 again. I would love to send it out for repair, but I have no backup device to speak of. :-(
    06-01-2015 04:24 PM
    So... looks like AT&T isn't going to be able to help me. Out of warranty, and the Asurion insurance can't offer me an exact replacement. They've offered me an Android device, to which I declined the service. I need to find out the cheapest option to get a 1520 again. I would love to send it out for repair, but I have no backup device to speak of. :-(
    I picked up a Lumia 635 (@ ~ $50 - AT&T or Walmart) ... for the time my phone was out for repair. It's a low end device, but, it made calls, texted, email, etc until I got my Lumia 1520 back. I simply fit my nano sim (L1520) into the micro sim slot on the L635 (placement is important).

Hit Asurion up for a Lumia 830, if that's the way you want to go, OR ... I'd be looking for my insurance back! OR, negotiate for them to pay for the repair (plus temporary phone ~ $275.) - it is after all insurance.
    Last edited by MDK22; 06-02-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    06-02-2015 04:54 PM
31 12