Just bought a used 1520 on Ebay

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
This is the first used phone that I have ever purchased. I love the 1520 but am not on ATT and my company pays for anything on Verizon, so my Windows choices are limited. I researched this seller and he appears to have a great reputation and sells a TON of phones. He ranked it a 9 out of 10 in appearance and said the phone is in perfect working order.

It wasn't cheap, $250 but having it unlocked and I am able to throw a prepaid plan on it is appealing. Do you guys think it was a smart move? The 1520 seems like an amazing phone and this seemed like a reasonably priced way to try it for a while until a new Flagship comes out.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, Why did you buy a 1520, when your with Verizon ? Your only real option for a fully working flagship device is the 929/ICON on Verizon. It's pretty much the same phone (spec wise) besides a 5" display over a 6" display.

I'm sure you can find plenty of ICONs used on ebay and other places.

If your Verizon SIM even works in it, the 1520 lacks CDMA, and it wont work. Unless your plan was go with another carrier and pay for it out of your pocket, then I guess that would work fine.

Ebay is not a bad place to find a phone, YOU MUST read the auction in great detail and read past feedback before you buy (seller feedback), and you should be safe. Never mind if a total scam, your fully protected by ebay (up to a limit)

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
not only that! ALMOST every person selling an AT&T phone on Ebay is stating its a 32GB when in fact it isn't so look out for that too! I find that very misleading and shady!

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering, Why did you buy a 1520, when your with Verizon ? Your only real option for a fully working flagship device is the 929/ICON on Verizon. It's pretty much the same phone (spec wise) besides a 5" display over a 6" display.

I'm sure you can find plenty of ICONs used on ebay and other places.

If your Verizon SIM even works in it, the 1520 lacks CDMA, and it wont work. Unless your plan was go with another carrier and pay for it out of your pocket, then I guess that would work fine.

Ebay is not a bad place to find a phone, YOU MUST read the auction in great detail and read past feedback before you buy (seller feedback), and you should be safe. Never mind if a total scam, your fully protected by ebay (up to a limit)

I will be running it on ATT ... My company pays for Verizon and I will have to pay for this myself... and the ICON is no longer available from Verizon...

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
not only that! ALMOST every person selling an AT&T phone on Ebay is stating its a 32GB when in fact it isn't so look out for that too! I find that very misleading and shady!

That's because EBay's only has one catalog entry for a 1520, which the listing defaults to. That listing says 32GB. When I list 1520's, I am careful to say in the description that it is 16GB, regardless of what the stock info from ebay says.

It's easy to miss as a seller - it's not an intentional attempt to rip off a buyer.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
That's because EBay's only has one catalog entry for a 1520, which the listing defaults to. That listing says 32GB. When I list 1520's, I am careful to say in the description that it is 16GB, regardless of what the stock info from ebay says.

It's easy to miss as a seller - it's not an intentional attempt to rip off a buyer.

ok that's good on you, but others (a lot others) don't put it in the description and also put that it's a 32GB in the description when in fact it isn't...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I will be running it on ATT ... My company pays for Verizon and I will have to pay for this myself... and the ICON is no longer available from Verizon...

Yea, but, you picked up a used 1520, you could of gotten a good deal on used ICON after looking around. Then have the perk of your company paying for it :)

The 1520 is a cool phone if you can live with the day to day with a 6" display, pretty much the same phone besides the larger display.

Good luck with it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

ATT does have a 32GB model available only in Black and only on line at either Amazon or ATT.com So if its black it might actually be a 32gb model so check and make sure.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Ahh I did not know that, it was my understanding that the AT&T model only came in 16GB format from all the numerous threads posted in this forum... which is why people preferred the international model (and because of wireless charging)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro