Screen rotation is slow

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked 1520 running Denim(not Preveiw for Developers). For some reason whenever I switch to wide-mode and back the screen takes at least several seconds, sometimes 5-6 seconds to rotate. Is there any way to get the screen to rotate faster?

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked 1520 running Denim(not Preveiw for Developers). For some reason whenever I switch to wide-mode and back the screen takes at least several seconds, sometimes 5-6 seconds to rotate. Is there any way to get the screen to rotate faster?

Try a soft reset. If that doesn't work you may need to do a hard reset. I was having that same problem when I upgraded my 1520 to Denim. It seems to be a problem that only affects people updating from Cyan. I did end up reinstalling Denim using the recovery tool but, a hard reset should do it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a few threads on this in the 1520 forum.

It was linked pretty conclusively to Lumia Camera 5 and switching camera orientation between rear and front cameras.

Soft Reset solves it until the next camera orientation change. Hard Reset or using LSRT to get a clean copy cures it.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
There are a few threads on this in the 1520 forum.

It was linked pretty conclusively to Lumia Camera 5 and switching camera orientation between rear and front cameras.

Soft Reset solves it until the next camera orientation change. Hard Reset or using LSRT to get a clean copy cures it.

I had read that was the case for many people. For me the rotation problem just came and went. Didn't seem to correlate with Lumia Camera.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a Soft Reset?

Hold the Power + Volume Down buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about ten seconds). You won't lose data, but it will clear out system memory.

<edit> Oh Wait... You had me confused that you were the OP... I wonder if HIS is related to camera orientation???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital