Dead microphone

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The case is unfortunate. In that case, only a hardware replacement will work, which may take as much time as it would for the L950XL to arrive.

OmegaX3

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with mine. Though speakerphone always works, pressed to face speaker works sometimes never really know what it will do until I answer it. I'm guessing there is something loose inside since windows button at the bottom of the phone likes to blink a lot and the back button light almost never comes on, and let us not forget the ghost presses around the bottom of the screen always fun to deal with.
The good news is that the double tap when I try to drag isn't as bad as it used to be.....wow really struggling to think of anything good about the 1520.

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
It is quite surprising to see that several of us with the 1520 has suddenly the mics got broken. Mine is also in the same state, If I kind of tap the phone several times it works. Also the lights from back and home button are off, which makes me think is a hardware defect of these phones.

I have also notice that when using earplugs in calls or videos it stops and start and it switched to speakes earplugs.. Hope my phone is not fixable as it is the 1520.3.. and 950xl is still a grey area of when it will be available

I will need to find out if the Microsoft Store here in Houston can fix it. Have anyone done that at any MS Store?

HeyAuldGuys

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My buttons are all still lit and working. I am out of warranty, but eligible for an upgrade at ATT. I will probably get a 640 for $60 and wait for the 950.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a huge number of problems on my 1520. I was told they cant fix anymore 1520's since they don't have any replacements. I was told I have to wait till the 950xl as they would most likely give me that as my 1520 replacement. The suggested I get a 640 as a holdover. Which I did. Its $59 right now. My suggestion is go to your local Microsoft store and put in a preorder for the 1520 so that you have one waiting on release day.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
me too. My 1520 mic broke a year ago and I been like this since oct 2014. works only on speaker phone which is annoying in public. My search button led went out too and the back one goes out at times. The 1520 was so awesome the 1st few months...before these problems

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The ribbon cable from the main board down, past the battery, to the board at the bottom (which has the microphone, LEDs and USB port) seems incredibly delicate and prone to cracking. It does go through a sharp bend just past the battery, which I suspect is the problem. Mine was cured by replacing that board, complete with ribbon cable.

I did it myself and bought a new board from ebay.

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Today I went to the MS store and asked them to do a check and yes Mic is broken and also proximity sensor.. As well as the lights... At this point not sure what it makes sense... As I think it may cost some money to fix all that.. I will maybe try with Palco... Or maybe wait for the 950... Need to think.. 🙁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon