Cell Signal

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So Ive had this problem for the past Id say 3-4 months now and at first I thought it was AT&T but more and more I think it might be the phone.

Issue: Cell Phone Signal has 2-3 maybe 4 bars. If I go to make a phone call it will drop the call and say call dropped and my cell signal disappears with the little Ghost Buster symbol over the signal bars.

Resolution: Restart the phone and all is happy.

The problem I have is I don't receive the calls. But all of a sudden - ding Voicemail... Ive had the phone replaced and my Sim Card Replaced. Neither have helped.

Thoughts? Ideas?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you in a VoLTE area? (AKA HD Voice?)

Is there anything for VoLTE or HD Voice found in Settings > cellular+SIM > SIM settings?

What is your APN?

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, don't think it's your phone, since it affects my 920 and 1520, along with my wife's 1520. AT&T is the problem they really have lousy service in some areas.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys sorry it took me so long to respond to this for whatever reason the forum didn't notify me that there were new posts. Honestly Im close to jumping to an iPhone. If Cortana wasn't so damn good to me Id be gone by now but shes just that awesome! So that being said.. I've been through AT&T and theyve checked the towers and report no outages. The part I can't figure out is - Text messages come through just fine. They are going over the same network?!?!?! Its like the phone is powering down the voice side of things to save on battery or something but its not? Ive switched the phone out, Ive switched the SIM out and its happening again. At this point my phone is becoming unrelabile because if I need to make an urgent call and can't get out I have to power cycle my phone. Or other times if my wife needed to reach me it goes right to voicemail and I don't know it until she texts me to say otherwise.

Thoughts and comments? Sorry Ill try and check this thread way more often!

Edit: Yes Im on Windows 10 as well. Latest Release
Edit2: The thing is I have excellent Signal Strength, when I go to make a call it drops down to nothing and puts the little no signal sign up over the bars. as soon as the call drops it comes right back up. It sees the towers its not a coverage issue.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Are you in a VoLTE area? (AKA HD Voice?)

Is there anything for VoLTE or HD Voice found in Settings > cellular+SIM > SIM settings?

What is your APN?

I don't have an APN filled in. I'm on AT&T in North America.Not sure if there is HD voice or not truthfully.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
This would have been my suggestion. You're sure it's not a problem with your locations/buildings you're regularly in? Have you talked to AT&T about it?

I would like to blame the building as our Networking department was messing around with a repeater (which has been unplugged and gone now) but even when I leave the building and get a few roads away it should be okay to call out and I can't. Same with calling in I have excellent signal strength but when ppl call me they get VM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar