Lovin Lumia 1520. First Windows Central post. Please help Me Decide!!

waxler900

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
First off I want to thank everybody for their time.
Here's my story. I picked up a Lumia 1520 a while back, Trading it for an iPad mini. At the moment I was using the BlackBerry Passport is my daily driver and still absolutely love that phone. On occasion I would pull the Sim card out of The Passport and spend a day or two with the 1520. Although I liked the phone it was never enough make me want to switch full time from my BlackBerry. It only got interesting when I joined the insider program and started receiving Windows 10 updates. I'm now running Windows 10586.29 and this phone is now absolutely amazing. I actually went to the AT&T store on Friday and doing side-by-side comparisons found that the 1520 was as fast if not faster than most other phones in the store, including the 950. This thing actually runs like a brand-new phone, And I can't believe it's more than two years old. This actually has been a great eye-opener for me, as this shows you don't always need the latest and greatest to be competitive. I'm not sure I can really overemphasize the performance that I'm getting when compared with $700 and $800 handsets being sold today.
Now, here's my dilemma. I'm enjoying this experience so much that I'm considering buying a brand-new, Still unsold unit from Amazon or eBay. I found plenty of new or new refurbished 1520s for around the $225-$250 mark. So my question to the forum is simple, what would you do? Like many of you I'm a big tech geek and have owned or own pretty much every gadget on the market so I believe I know what makes a good device. I only wish I would've found the Lumia 1520 sooner instead of having one fall in my lap over the summer. Anyway, any help in the form would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon