The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    My sound keep cutting out while I am in call :( The sound works great on speakerphone but as soon as I switch back to the normal earpiece it cuts out intermittently.

Music works great and earphones work fine too, It only drops sound when I make/and receive calls. It's a real pain to have a conversation when you can't hear the other person 50% of the time. Has anyone else had this issue?

If it helps I recently had a new battery and another internal battery/charging related component changed because the battery wouldn't hold a charge or charge at all for that matter. They also changed the screen and rear case which was nice :D But the sound fault was not there before I sent my phone off for repair so it could be the new audio jack on the rear case that is faulty :(

I am open to any ideas that might help me troubleshoot ;)

"EDIT"

I just got off chat from Microsoft and they advised me to take my phone to a Nokia Care Center to have them send it off for repair again.
    Last edited by T1Cybernetic; 01-05-2016 at 06:13 AM.
    01-05-2016 04:53 AM
    I couldn't help myself :D

I pulled the rear case from my phone and made a quick phone call to check if it was the new audio jack! The phone works perfectly with the case and rear jack removed so I am confident the audio jack causing the problem.

By the looks of it, I would guess it's either damaged either from earphones getting plugged in and out or is just faulty. It could have some dust, dirt or grime in the port that I can not clean out (I have tried) But who knows.

I am looking for either a replacement to fit myself as it's not too tricky ;) Or I may just go back to the Nokia Care Center and see how long it will take them to fix!

Does anyone know where to find genuine or good quality parts :)
    01-05-2016 06:15 AM
    It's the usb/microphone daughterboard module. You might be able to put some thick paper between the cable connection and the clamp to solve your problem without replacing the board.
    01-05-2016 01:24 PM
    This is the problem part in the attachment, I have ordered a new one from ebay = Genuine Nokia Lumia 1520 Headphone Jack

In the meantime I have already done like you said and put a small piece of sellotape over the metal contacts to disable it!

And now my calls are excellent as they once were :D Let's hope the replacement works as it should do ;)
    Attached Thumbnails _57-1-.jpg  
    01-05-2016 04:18 PM
    Just to update everyone, The replacement part is working perfectly ;) No problems at all since I upgraded the earphone port.

It's simple enough to change too and you can always try the sellotape trick like I did before you go and purchase a new one.
    02-01-2016 12:53 AM