Ok guys. Went to my local MS store with the intention of seeing, playing and possible preordering an red 2520 for a friend. To my surprise, not only could I preorder it. They actually had stock available for me to purchase today. For those of you who are interested in picking up a red 2520 before release day check out your MS store. Unfortunately this 2520 is a gift for one of my buddies. So I can't comment on any of the particulars just say that in my brief time with it, it seems well made.
    n
    Attached Thumbnails acaternor-win_20131120_150413.jpg  
    radmanvr, rav16, BIGPADDY and 2 others like this.
    11-20-2013 03:14 PM
    I thought MS stores wasn't selling it?
    11-20-2013 03:16 PM
    I don’t know what to tell you bro. I read a post by erzhik saying that a display model was set up at a MS store to play with. So I decided to check it out myself. But I also was surprised that I walk out the store with a red 2520. For those who are interested in a red (and assume black) 2520 may want to check out their local MS store.
    11-20-2013 03:50 PM
    Which store if you don't mind me asking? I stopped by on Monday by the San Jose store and they didn't even have a demo unit.
    11-20-2013 04:19 PM
    I don’t know what to tell you bro. I read a post by erzhik saying that a display model was set up at a MS store to play with. So I decided to check it out myself. But I also was surprised that I walk out the store with a red 2520. For those who are interested in a red (and assume black) 2520 may want to check out their local MS store.
    Congrats .

Did you play around with it ? How is the screen and camera quality ? How does it compare with iPad air ?
    11-20-2013 04:26 PM
    Which store if you don't mind me asking? I stopped by on Monday by the San Jose store and they didn't even have a demo unit.
    I believe that the 2520 is not being released till the 21(for Verizon) and the 22 (for ATT). So it may have been an oversite on the MS store that I went to. That being said I am not sure if I can get someone in trouble by posting the store in which I received my 2520. All I can say is check your MS store out and see what happens. I guarantee that the stock is there, it just a question on if they sell it to you today or hold it for you till tomorrow. The worst thing that can happen is that you will be at least able to preorder \ secure a red one (if that your preference) for you to pick up on the official launch day.
    sanshiro likes this.
    11-20-2013 04:41 PM
    Fair enough, thanks for the tip.
    11-20-2013 04:43 PM
    Congrats .

Did you play around with it ? How is the screen and camera quality ? How does it compare with iPad air ?
    I got it for a friend so I have not been able to play with it yet. I also don't own a iPad air so I can't compare. What I can say is that it seems well built. When I compare it to my pro 2, it seems a little plastic like (of course that how it is upposed to be). Of course it lighter and skinnier than my pro 2, and it seems to me like it handles better in my hand. But that's all I have for now
    H
    rav16 likes this.
    11-20-2013 04:48 PM
    Fair enough, thanks for the tip.
    No problem
    11-20-2013 04:52 PM
    Aww man I'm bummed. I just called the Microsoft Store in Atlanta and they said they'll just be stocking the black Lumia 2520. And that they'll go up for sale on Friday. I am a sad panda.
    11-20-2013 06:42 PM
    Not that I am all knowing, but that does not make sense to me. Why would one MS store have red available, but not another one? Did you call the store directly or did you get routed to the MS call center which only has knowledge of their online inventory? Before I stop by my store, I called the number on the site and got directed to the call center. After about 25 min or so (on hold and talking to a Microsoft operator), I got the direct number to my store. The sale rep at the store was also unable to give me any info over the phone. All he said is that, if I wanted to preorder a red 2520. I would have to come and preorder it in the store.

If you are really looking forward to owning a red 2520, I would stop by my local store and see. Or at least get the direct number to your store and find out, assuming that you got redirected to the call center like I did.
    11-20-2013 07:43 PM
    Ok guys. Went to my local MS store with the intention of seeing, playing and possible preordering an red 2520 for a friend. To my surprise, not only could I preorder it. They actually had stock available for me to purchase today. For those of you who are interested in picking up a red 2520 before release day check out your MS store. Unfortunately this 2520 is a gift for one of my buddies. So I can't comment on any of the particulars just say that in my brief time with it, it seems well made.
    n
    at the store you got it, did they have a red or black demo on display? I was at a MS kiosk store yesterday, and I didnt see any unit on display.
    11-20-2013 08:17 PM
    I called the store directly. I may just go down there on Friday to see.
    11-20-2013 08:18 PM

the call center have no clue. I tried them twice before for L1020 wireless charging shell, and they kept giving me the wrong info. I wasted time going to two stores.

I wont bother ever calling them again.
    MDBulldog likes this.
    11-20-2013 08:25 PM
    at the store you got it, did they have a red or black demo on display? I was at a MS kiosk store yesterday, and I didnt see any unit on display.
    They had a red one on display.
    11-20-2013 08:37 PM
    the call center have no clue. I tried them twice before for L1020 wireless charging shell, and they kept giving me the wrong info. I wasted time going to two stores.

I wont bother ever calling them again.
    That the truth. I find MS call center situation really sad. I mean how is a potential MS customer supposed to get solid info about their products ( especially the average joe\jane).
    11-20-2013 08:41 PM
    That is what I would do
    11-20-2013 08:43 PM
    Is it an AT&T or a Verizon 2520?
    11-20-2013 09:01 PM
    Is it an AT&T or a Verizon 2520?
    It a Verizon one
    palandri likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:03 PM
    11-21-2013 02:28 AM
    Can you stick T-Mobile or AT&T SIM card and see if it is locked? Verizon was selling unlocked devices recently
    treetownal likes this.
    11-21-2013 12:08 PM
    OK so I spent almost 1 hour with the red 2520 at the Microsoft store and switching back and forth between it and the Surface 2. I didn't buy it as I'm still undecided. I'm leaning towards not buying the 2520 for two main reasons:

1. As others have noted, it feels heavier than the Surface 2 even though it's technically lighter. This is because of the thinner edge and give of the plastic. Switched back and forth and the Surface definitely felt more comfortable to hold, no question. The 2520 might win in portrait usability because of the shorter width.

2. I think I will miss the kickstand too much.

For the 2520, what's keeping me undecided is:

1. The 2520 screen is too damn gorgeous. Makes the Surface 2 look like crap.

2. It's just sexy as well. Dat red!

I'm at a point of thinking about skipping this generation of RT devices and getting a Dell Venue 8 Pro for much less!
    rav16 and MDBulldog like this.
    11-21-2013 04:36 PM
    saw the verizon black model in person. the unit was out of battery, so I only held it and play with the buttons. The power jack wasnt plugged in, they had the mini usb plugged in, I guess the verizon employees didnt read the instructions.

the matt black is nice, very resistant to finger prints. the unit is light enough, easier to hold in one hand in portrait mode than the ipad air. when held at the edges, it is as thin as the ipad air. the corners are fine, its smoother than my Lumia 1020. It doesnt dig into your hand like cnet says, unless you use a death grip.

I can see the fit of the sim card cover is not as flush as the ones on the photos. i wonder if that's quality control issue or the fact that no card is inserted.

NFC label is just a sticker, easily removed. this is good.

Cant comment on the screen yet, since the power was off.

went to MS store in Manhattan, and they dont have it. That pretty much says it all, MS sucks at marketing. The employee doesnt even know it was released today, and that's in the big apple.
    Last edited by JaimitoFrog; 11-21-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    11-21-2013 08:21 PM
    AT&T box for Nokia Lumia 2520 looks very cheap compared to Verizon.
    11-22-2013 12:51 AM