01-03-2014 12:48 AM
65 123
tools
    I'm having the same issue, especially after I leave it a while to charge. Nothing, just the haptic feedback from the windows button. Hold down the power key for about 10 seconds, then restart.
    11-29-2013 12:50 AM
    I have the same SWID and Radio SW that you listed and mines rock solid.
    11-29-2013 01:41 AM
    Try pressing and holding the power button for several seconds. Maybe even 30 seconds.
    Yeah... that's what I had to do. I shouldnt have to reset the system every time I leave it for more than 30 min...
    11-29-2013 09:22 AM
    I had virtually the same experience with mine after doing an update. I gave it 10 minutes then powered off and back on. All is well. No additional problems.

I mentioned this in another thread, but probably worth repeating here. Almost immediately after I opened mine up and with through initial setup I did the Windows update. When the update went to reboot, it sat there at the black Nokia boot screen for an hour. I had to hold down the power button until it rebooted. But after it came back, I've had no problems. Been pretty much playing with it for 8 hours straight without any issues (except with some specific apps - may need a graphics driver update on these and the Bluetooth pairing and sharing with my L920 is not working, but that's little different).
    11-29-2013 12:26 PM
    Actually, now that you mention it, this did happen *after* I did a windows update.
    11-29-2013 02:17 PM
    Yeah.. so it keeps making me reset it after it hasn't been used for about 15-30 minutes. I checked the power options and I don't think this should be happening. SHould I return the unit???
    11-30-2013 12:59 AM
    I am on my second unit and it is doing the same thing. The thing that is really getting me angry is that ATT insists on a restock fee if I ultimately return the unit due to this defect. I mean, how many times do you need to exchange something for them to understand there's an issue with the tablet?
    11-30-2013 10:16 AM
    I have been using mine heavily for 5 days without a single glitch, except for the weather channel app not working, but I am assuming that is an app issue. I have added a SanDisk 64gb micro sd (Plixtor), and it seems to be working great. When I got my 920 I had lockup's when it first came out, but they went away with updates and app updates.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    11-30-2013 12:34 PM
    This will all depend how much support Nokia will be providing with this product. I have a Dell Venue and they've provided many updates thus far. I haven't seen any from Nokia. I even had to reset the new tablet because it wouldn't load the Nokia Cam app. I got a message that it was only for a Nokia tablet!
    11-30-2013 06:21 PM
    Same issue here. System does not wake up from sleep until a force restart. bad Nokia ...
    12-01-2013 03:02 AM
    Robertre, I thought the 2520 could only take a 32gb micro sd. Thanks for letting me know it works with 64gb...
    12-01-2013 08:44 AM
    Same issue here. System does not wake up from sleep until a force restart. bad Nokia ...
    Same here. I just tweeted @NokiaHelps this page. Hopefully a patch will be out soon.
    12-01-2013 09:47 AM
    I started having the same issue with my 2520 not waking from sleep and having to do a power down. This started within 30 hours of having the tablet. And after full windows updates of approximately 400mb. I also had one freeze while charging the tablet. The screen was on put no response to touch. I then restarted the tablet and changed the "change when the computer sleeps" to never for both "On Battery" and "Plugged in" to NEVER. I then used the power bottom to turn off the display. I let it sit several times over one to two hours and had no problem with the tablet waking up by using the windows capacitive logo. I then reset back to default and again after letting the tablet set for a long period has had no problem. It had no effect on battery. You just have to remember to use the power key to turn off the display.

So this may be a software issue. Nokia has been great at fixing problems on their phones, I have a Lumia 920, so I'm hoping they can get a fix out for this soon.

Could someone else also test this on their 2520 to see if it is also a "fix" for you.

Thanks
    12-01-2013 02:14 PM
    Anyone checked their event log for display driver crashes? This seems to be an issue with Windows 8.1, had it on my Acer W510 before a driver update was released by Microsoft to fix it. Have read of users on other devices getting this as well.
    12-01-2013 02:39 PM
    Anyone checked their event log for display driver crashes? This seems to be an issue with Windows 8.1, had it on my Acer W510 before a driver update was released by Microsoft to fix it. Have read of users on other devices getting this as well.
    That is not a bad idea. The tablet is with GF for now. I will look into the events and crash dumps once I have it.
    12-02-2013 02:44 PM
    I've read on other threads (including on the Microsoft Support Forums) that the Surface 2 is experiencing the same "not waking from sleep" problem. It appears to be a software/driver issue. On one of Microsoft's threads, a moderator posted that a fix is coming on December 10th through Windows Update. I believe the update is also supposed to fix a display crashing issue on the Surface 2 that causes the screen to become pixelated. My 2520 is out for delivery today, so we'll see if it suffers the same bug. Hopefully the December 10th update will indeed fix the issue.
    12-02-2013 04:03 PM
    Robertre, I thought the 2520 could only take a 32gb micro sd. Thanks for letting me know it works with 64gb...
    I have read that there are 2 specs out there, one that says 32g and another that says 64g. I have not read of anybody who has tried a 64g and had it not work, so it looks like the 64g spec is correct. I just recommend using a highly rated card and don't try to skimp. They can go on sale for a pretty reasonable price.
    12-02-2013 06:41 PM
    I have had a number of hardware and software issues in the 6 days I've owned the device. I'll be exchanging mine on Friday. I'm really hoping I got a lemon, but there are so many issues that I'm very skeptical, and very much missing my Surface 2.

1. 64gb memory card would only hold saved items for a few hours, then require a reformat. It's the same card I used in my Surface Pro, and Surface 2, so I know it's fine. I just tried a 32gb card today, so far so good but still disappointing.

2. Graphical glitches in 3d games such as Dungeon Hunter 4 and Asphalt 8. They both look fine on my dad's Surface RT. Hopefully it's immature drivers.

3. Camera no longer works. I snap a photo, the app crashes, and the green light stays on for about 5 minutes. The tablet still works during this time. I tried a full reset today but still no luck here.

4. The sim tray no longer sits flush on the top, but rather sticks out about 1/16 of an inch. Not a big deal, but a concern.

5. Yellow display: maybe it's been like this all along, but the whites definitely have a yellow tint.

6. I did another full reset to attempt to fix the camera issue, and it's been on the Nokia logo with spinning circle for a few hours now (Lumia 900/920 flashbacks...)

7. I can't get any devices to connect via the micro USB port.

Like I said, I really hope I have a lemon. I don't even have the sleep issue so many seem to be relating. I have to say, this tablet feels like a gigantic step down in class from the Surface Pro, and Surface 2.
    Last edited by jmerrey; 12-03-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    12-03-2013 12:28 AM
    I have had a number of hardware and software issues in the 6 days I've owned the device. I'll be exchanging mine on Friday. I'm really hoping I got a lemon, but there are so many issues that I'm very skeptical, and very much missing my Surface 2.

1. 64gb memory card would only hold saved items for a few hours, then require a reformat. It's the same card I used in my Surface Pro, and Surface 2, so I know it's fine. I just tried a 32gb card today, so far so good but still disappointing.

2. Graphical glitches in 3d games such as Dungeon Hunter 4 and Asphalt 8. They both look fine on my dad's Surface RT. Hopefully it's immature drivers.

3. Camera no longer works. I snap a photo, the app crashes, and the green light stays on for about 5 minutes. The tablet still works during this time. I tried a full reset today but still no luck here.

4. The sim tray no longer sits flush on the top, but rather sticks out about 1/16 of an inch. Not a big deal, but a concern.

5. Yellow display: maybe it's been like this all along, but the whites definitely have a yellow tint.

6. I did another full reset to attempt to fix the camera issue, and it's been on the Nokia logo with spinning circle for a few hours now (Lumia 900/920 flashbacks...)

7. I can't get any devices to connect via the micro USB port.

Like I said, I really hope I have a lemon. I don't even have the sleep issue so many seem to be relating. I have to say, this tablet feels like a gigantic step down in class from the Surface Pro, and Surface 2.
    I'm actually noticing literally everything you mentioned... including the yellow tint today, which wasn't there before. Not sure how it can have all of these problems at once and none of them were discovered during development.
    12-03-2013 01:47 AM
    I have the same SWID and Radio SW that you listed and mines rock solid.
    Same for me. My Micro USB port does not work either though. In the Adapter thread none of the adapters work.
    12-03-2013 07:04 AM
    Just got mine from ATT.

What a mess. I'm really dissappointed in this thing.

Did windows updates, not I have 5 different pieces of hardware that have ! by them.
    System wouldn't reboot
    Store can't find any app updates.

I want to see if either Nokia or MS puts out an update in the next 10 days, if not, I'll eat the $35 and return it unforunately.
    12-04-2013 02:12 PM
    Just to follow up on a few of the items on my list. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Camera app, and it's working perfectly. The 32gb card I'm using has been working perfectly as well. I'm still disappointed that the 64gb card wouldn't work, but I've seen others report that they got it to work, so maybe it's just my device.
    12-04-2013 02:37 PM
    Watch the threads on the USB port. Some users have been able to get the port to work with USB 2.0 cables. I have a theory you need a micro USB OTG (On the Go) cable, and not just a standard micro USB convering cable. I have one on order from Ebay that should arrive within a week for testing and will post my findings in the USB topics once I get it. I do not believe the USB port is a hardware issue. I have a 64g SanDisk Pixtor card that so far has worked perfectly in my 2520. Besides the USB port (which is probably not hardware), my 2520 has been working perfectly for over a week with lots of playing. My updates did not cause any issues. The more I play with it, the more I learn about using it, and the more I love it. I hope all of you with issues get them resolved.
    12-04-2013 02:55 PM
    Something happened to my tablet after I applied the Windows Updates. When using the "Settings" charm, what usually says "screen" with a screen icon to control brightness was actually the Windows default "Brightness" control, with a lightbulb-like icon. When adjusting the brigntess, it did nothing to the brightness of the screen. I think what may have happened after the update was that the custom nokia code to replace this control (in both looks and function) was not loaded. I decided right then to shut the tablet down (not restart) and then bring it back up again. It was fine after that.

I think that if I hadn't noticed this, and let the tablet go to sleep, I would probably have experienced the same thing all of you have experienced.
    12-04-2013 03:57 PM
    I may have had that same issue of the brightness not working, and a reboot fixed it. It was probably after an update.
    12-04-2013 04:13 PM
65 123