01-03-2014 12:48 AM
65 123
tools
    OK, somebody got the USB port to work with a USB 3.0 OTG cable, so it is not a hardware issue... just have to use the right cable/adapter.
    12-05-2013 01:02 AM
    Actually, after a couple of reboots (once I got past the stuck at reboot screen) mine is running like a dream now.

What the hell Nokia. You gotta have this experience running out of the box. I'm gonna hit BB on the way home and see if they have a usb 3.0 otg cable.
    12-05-2013 02:45 PM
    Actually, after a couple of reboots (once I got past the stuck at reboot screen) mine is running like a dream now.

What the hell Nokia. You gotta have this experience running out of the box. I'm gonna hit BB on the way home and see if they have a usb 3.0 otg cable.
    You gotta try the USB 3.0 otg cable with charger for the nokia 2520 connected so that you have enough power for the HD
    12-05-2013 03:20 PM
    Update: I am on my third tablet and it's been about a week with no issues other than still not being able to play Plex videos. This suggests that the problem may well be device driven as this unit has functioned flawlessly as far as waking up from sleep mode. My other units exhibited the problem from the first day. All units were updated right after they were out of the box. In addition, the newest unit has much less light bleed.
    12-08-2013 09:50 PM
    Seen a lot of people that are having troubles getting the correct USB adapter to hook up external drives, your phone, etc...

Use this one from Amazon -- I have it and it works beautifully:

Amazon.com: MobilePioneer USB 3.0 9pin OTG Host Flash Disk Cable for Galaxy Note 3 N9000 10cm (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Secondly -- lots of folks talking about 32GB vs 64GB SD cards. I have a Sandisk Ultra 64GB in my 2520 and it works perfectly fine. I reformatted to NTFS so that I could map my SkyDrive local storage to the SD Card and keep the space on the hard drive free. I recommend doing this if you're having space issues or if you have a lot of stuff in SkyDrive.
    12-09-2013 02:57 PM
    Seen a lot of people that are having troubles getting the correct USB adapter to hook up external drives, your phone, etc...

Use this one from Amazon -- I have it and it works beautifully:

Amazon.com: MobilePioneer USB 3.0 9pin OTG Host Flash Disk Cable for Galaxy Note 3 N9000 10cm (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Secondly -- lots of folks talking about 32GB vs 64GB SD cards. I have a Sandisk Ultra 64GB in my 2520 and it works perfectly fine. I reformatted to NTFS so that I could map my SkyDrive local storage to the SD Card and keep the space on the hard drive free. I recommend doing this if you're having space issues or if you have a lot of stuff in SkyDrive.
    Interesting!! what external drive did you try hooking up to your tablet? Links pls.
    12-09-2013 03:14 PM
    Interesting!! what external drive did you try hooking up to your tablet? Links pls.
    I don't have links -- I bought most of the devices in the last couple of years. But, I have tried a WD 2.5" 1TB USB 3.0 drive -- it has some power issues, but still works. I haven't tried it with the 2520 plugged into its power source.

I've tried a few different flash drives, 2 USB 3.0 variants -- one from Sandisk and one from Kingston. Also tried a Crucial USB 2.0 8GB flash drive.

I've also plugged my Lumia 1520 into it, which DOES charge the phone and allows it to work fine for managing music, videos and pictures on the phone.
    12-09-2013 03:36 PM
    I don't have links -- I bought most of the devices in the last couple of years. But, I have tried a WD 2.5" 1TB USB 3.0 drive -- it has some power issues, but still works. I haven't tried it with the 2520 plugged into its power source.

I've tried a few different flash drives, 2 USB 3.0 variants -- one from Sandisk and one from Kingston. Also tried a Crucial USB 2.0 8GB flash drive.

I've also plugged my Lumia 1520 into it, which DOES charge the phone and allows it to work fine for managing music, videos and pictures on the phone.
    Can you pls elaborate on the power issues. I really do not want to corrupt my HD in this experimentation.

I would order this cable and try the below 1 TB drive, am not sure if the power reqts of WD and Seagate are any diff, still fingers crossed.!

Amazon.com: Seagate Backup Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive STBU1000100 (Black): Computers & Accessories
    12-09-2013 04:06 PM
    nothing huge, it's just that the USB port may not supply enough power for all drives. The only way you're going to corrupt your data is if it's during a write transaction. Just plug it in and see how it behaves before actually committing any files to it.
    12-10-2013 06:50 PM
    (some) Good news folks! I had a handful of win 8.1rt updates go through on my tablet yesterday, and I was hoping it fixed some things. While I still get graphical glitches in games, it's important to note that I no longer have to do a reset every time my screen times out! I've tested this in a variety of ways and cannot replicate the need for a system reset.

Please give the latest updates a go and report your findings!!
    12-12-2013 11:22 AM
    (some) Good news folks! I had a handful of win 8.1rt updates go through on my tablet yesterday, and I was hoping it fixed some things. While I still get graphical glitches in games, it's important to note that I no longer have to do a reset every time my screen times out! I've tested this in a variety of ways and cannot replicate the need for a system reset.

Please give the latest updates a go and report your findings!!
    I installed the latest update and after it I have got one sleep of death. I didn't have any problems when I had the setting "never" for screen time out. This is quite annoying.
    12-13-2013 02:30 PM
    I thought the updates may have fixed the sleep issues, so I turned the sleep settings back to 5 minutes instead of "never". Unfortunately, I've still gotten several black screen sleep issues that require a hard reboot. I've since changed my sleep settings back to "never"
    12-13-2013 02:43 PM
    So I posted previously about setting your sleep time to "never" but after a while the sleep problem returned. It got so bad that it would not wake up after going to "sleep" at all and I was constantly powering down (great that this only takes a minute to turn off and back on). So about 2 weeks ago I did a refresh of my unit in the hopes that would solve the problem. It updated everything again but it did not solve the problem and I was really getting fed up, both at Nokia and at myself for buying it. BUT I decided to make on more change and see what would happen. This time I changed the sleep time when on battery to just 1 MINUTE. I HAVE NOT HAD A RETURN OF THE PROBLEM SINCE. I also always use the power button to wake the tablet up instead of the windows button. I don't know if that would make a difference. I wanted to wait until two weeks of no problem to report this. I have let it sit and go to sleep for 5 minutes up to 6 hours to overnight and no problems

BUT I must also report that I did have the problem occur once and only once and that was when I was charging it. While it was charging it would not wake up. I now turn the tablet off to charge. Well I hope this helps. Please report back if this helps you.
    01-02-2014 10:22 PM
    IIRC, the first tablet I got had the sleep time at 4 minutes. It would constantly go to sleep, then reboot. It did this as long as the tablet was on. I exchanged it the next day for one that didn't have that issue. IIRC, while still in the store I tried a shorter sleep time to test to see if it had the same issue. When I went back in to change the sleep time there was no 4 minute option. What was the original sleep time setting you had on yours?
    01-03-2014 12:23 AM
    wow. I just checked by selecting "Change when the computer sleeps" and there was NO 4 minute option BUT when I clicked on "restore default settings for this plan" then YES it defaults to the 4 minute sleep setting, which is then clearing present. Now when I changed it back to 1 minute and selected save settings, the 4 minute sleep option is gone. I have left the plugged in at the default of 10 minutes.
    01-03-2014 12:48 AM
65 123