SD card losing files

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I moved the 64gb memory card from my Surface 2 to the 2520. It had seen previous duty in my Surface Pro. Both devices showed perfect results. I formatted the card after inserting it into the 2520, and set the default saving location to the card for music, video, and pictures. I saved about 20 pictures onto the card, and placed them in a subfolder. After a day or so, during which I rebooted at least once, the pictures are gone. I repeated the process yesterday, and today they are gone again. I just repeated the process, but instead of saving them in a subfolder, I saved them in the default picture folder. (Yes, the original subfolder was in the default pictures folder) I'll keep checking to see if the problem is the subfolder, but has anyone else run into any problems like this? Keep in mind, this card worked perfectly for a year in two different devices.

Card in question: Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Most of the reviews I'm seeing are saying max SD card size is 32 GB.
I tend to go with specs published by the manufacturer....

Not sure how they could really test that anyway.

Are you for real? That's a marketing website not a patent filing or technical repair manual. You think it's impossible for someone in marketing to make a mistake? So how do you explain the mass psychosis on review sites that keep restating 32 GB and now reports of flaky 64 GB cards? I'm not saying I know what's going on. Just providing another data point.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you for real? That's a marketing website not a patent filing or technical repair manual. You think it's impossible for someone in marketing to make a mistake? So how do you explain the mass psychosis on review sites that keep restating 32 GB and now reports of flaky 64 GB cards? I'm not saying I know what's going on. Just providing another data point.

One of the major sites says it's 32 when the initial data leaks and is highly inaccurate... they never change it, and then when it releases, all the other sites copy that main site. This pretty much happens with every single device, and it's the reason that they all have disclaimers saying that the data might not be accurate.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
One of the major sites says it's 32 when the initial data leaks and is highly inaccurate... they never change it, and then when it releases, all the other sites copy that main site.

Or, and here is another possibility, people that write reviews at the top sites are professionals who do journalism for a living and instead of mindlessly copying and pasting information from the interwebs without any kind of verification they spend at least 15 seconds on the infallible Nokia website you are raving about and download the Lumia 2520 manual. Maybe after downloading it they read a whopping six pages and discover this...

Again I don't know what is going on but referencing one marketing site and ignoring everything else on the planet including Nokia's own manual is a little... unhinged. Maybe the Lumia 2520 is compatible with 64 GB cards but there sure is enough evidence floating around that says... maybe not. Can't hurt to try a 32 GB card.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 32gb card, should be here Monday. I'll let you guys know the results. A bit of bad news (for the experiment): the latest data on the 64gb card is still there after a full day, and 3 reboots.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a 32gb card, should be here Monday. I'll let you guys know the results. A bit of bad news (for the experiment): the latest data on the 64gb card is still there after a full day, and 3 reboots.

Well let us know. I am contemplating getting this device for a relative. So just to recap if you don't use the subfolder everything seems fine, but if you use a subfolder within the pictures directory the pictures disappear?

I am thinking of getting this device for a non tech savvy business person so the last thing I need to happen is files disappearing unexpectedly. 32 GB should suffice for them though. But if we can get confirmation of the 64 GB card I wouldn't mind getting that for them. How much did you pay for the 64 GB card? It looks like the price is currently $50 at Amazon. Best Buy is showing $35.

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Well let us know. I am contemplating getting this device for a relative. So just to recap if you don't use the subfolder everything seems fine, but if you use a subfolder within the pictures directory the pictures disappear?

I am thinking of getting this device for a non tech savvy business person so the last thing I need to happen is files disappearing unexpectedly. 32 GB should suffice for them though. But if we can get confirmation of the 64 GB card I wouldn't mind getting that for them. How much did you pay for the 64 GB card? It looks like the price is currently $50 at Amazon. Best Buy is showing $35.

I ordered it on black Friday from amazon for $35. I think that BBY price is a black Friday deal, might want to jump on it.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Or, and here is another possibility, people that write reviews at the top sites are professionals who do journalism for a living and instead of mindlessly copying and pasting information from the interwebs without any kind of verification they spend at least 15 seconds on the infallible Nokia website you are raving about and download the Lumia 2520 manual. Maybe after downloading it they read a whopping six pages and discover this...

http://i44.tinypic.com/28jssw.jpg

Again I don't know what is going on but referencing one marketing site and ignoring everything else on the planet including Nokia's own manual is a little... unhinged. Maybe the Lumia 2520 is compatible with 64 GB cards but there sure is enough evidence floating around that says... maybe not. Can't hurt to try a 32 GB card.

Yeah, I'd definitely trust that a lot more. What I don't understand is how something can only support lower amounts of memory on a medium.

Also, the $35 is BF deal.. I got 2.. one for my 1520 and one for my 2520. Here's to hoping it works on the 2520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon