Unlocking Verizon Lumia 2520

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon brochure on 2520 I picked up at Verizon store says under tech spec:

Global ready (via software update in 2014).

Guess we have to wait.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I also have a similar issue. But I came across this the other day.
Network Mode Setting - Nokia Lumia 2520

I think that you should be able to choose your device's network mode using the Verizon Connection Manager application. But when I tried it with another SIM it didn't show any settings. I think one would have to put in a Verizon SIM change it to GSM/UMTS and then put in the other SIM card. Can anyone try and confirm this?

Regards

Pranay

Yes you can set it to Global using Verizon connection manager. but once you out in a ATT card, there is no signal on the charms indicator. and the connection manager will stop working and says to insert a Verizon sim.

Under network, you can see ATT, and there is apn settings. but it won't connect.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon brochure on 2520 I picked up at Verizon store says under tech spec:

Global ready (via software update in 2014).

Guess we have to wait.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping that this update will occur without having to be on the Verizon network. Currently, I use my Verizon Lumia 2520 mostly at home using home WiFi and if I need to, I tether it to my Lumia 925 using my mobile broadband.

Xnauticaxtc

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has any more info on whether we can use the TMobile Sim Cards. I too had ordered a sim card from tmobile months ago and have not been able to use it on my Verizon Lumia 2520.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has any more info on whether we can use the TMobile Sim Cards. I too had ordered a sim card from tmobile months ago and have not been able to use it on my Verizon Lumia 2520.

Unfortunately I don't have any new information regarding this. Although I do believe the solution relates to the Verizon software which is installed on the device, but I do not know how to bypass it. If I find anything regarding this, I will post it on the thread.

Xnauticaxtc, have you read anything on how to get the Tmobile SIM card to work on the Verizon Lumia 2520?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got their Verizon 2520 to work on any other carrier other than Verizon? ATT doesn't work.

Anyone tried Canadian carriers? I tried Rogers and TELUS, didn't work.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
A user send posted this on a thread suggesting the idea that you can unlock the Verizon Lumia 2520 to be used on other networks.

Please read link above before reading the following. I bought a Verizon SIM card to test this out, and it appears that I was unable to change to connections to make it read the T-Mobile sim card. I was successful at changing it from Global mode to LTE/CDMA modes but it looks like the device is still unable to catch a T-Mobile signal. I'll keep you guys posted if anything new comes up.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
A user send posted this on a thread suggesting the idea that you can unlock the Verizon Lumia 2520 to be used on other networks.

Please read link above before reading the following. I bought a Verizon SIM card to test this out, and it appears that I was unable to change to connections to make it read the T-Mobile sim card. I was successful at changing it from Global mode to LTE/CDMA modes but it looks like the device is still unable to catch a T-Mobile signal. I'll keep you guys posted if anything new comes up.

Unfortunately WP Central won't allow me to post a link to the Verizon page which was referring to above. To get access to the page please do the following:

Go to Google or Bing, and search "Network Mode Settings - Nokia Lumia 2520.". This link will have instructions on how to change the tablet into different modes (GSM or CDMA or LTE). But as a stated in the post above, my attempts to utilize T-Mobile network on the Verizon device was unsuccessful.

Tuyen Ta

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone can change the APN into your carrier without Verizon SIM Card?

Through this page of Verizon Wireless, I bought a Verizon SIM Card and inserted it into my 2520, it showed the LTE/CDMA and Global network but GSM/UMTS. Don't know why?

Xnauticaxtc

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am finally using my Verizon Lumia 2520 with a TMobile SIM card!!!

Basically, I went through the following steps.

I put in my Lumia Icon SIM card from Verizon into my Lumia 2520, the system then recognized a firmware update which then I installed and went through that process. Once the updates finished, I went to the Connection Manager and changed the APN to epc.tmobile.com and changed to Global mode. Next I put in the T-Mobile broadband SIM card, rebooted the device and now I am online with connection to TMobile!

On a side note, I did need to call TMobile to reactivate my free 200mb SIM card since I haven't been using it in months, and they asked for the device IMEI number (I don't know if this was necessary information)

Hope that this helps everyone!

newnews

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I will try it on my 2520. However, I don't have Verizon SIM card. Do you think if it will work to buy a prepaid SIM card?

[EDIT]: Indeed, you do not need any Verizon SIM card if you already update the firmware. I put T-Mobile SIM card in, it connects immediately and works fine(it did not work at the time when I purchased the tablet), and then I put AT&T SIM card, the connection shows AT&T HSPA, the signal bar is full, I put wap.cingular as APN setting, but I am still not able to connect.

Last edited:

k4955

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the good news. Is there any app available in the store for T-Mobile connection Manager? The pre-installed app is for Verizon connection manager and it does not show the T-Moblie SIM card details.

newnews

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
The my ATT app has the unlock settings on the ATT model. I suspect there Is a similar app for Verizon.
Hello Oliverk:

Is it possible for you to post your AT&T Lumia 2520 recovery image to the internet? I want to load AT&T version firmware to my Verizon Lumia 2520. Just wanna to try out if it does work or not.

Thanks

k4955

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I had activated the T-Mobile Micro SIM card in my tablet. I am getting full bars and connection. It shows LTE and some times it shows EDGE. I was surprised to see a message from Vodaphone that the SIM card is not recognized. Should I be concerned even though I get data connection?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon