Interesting 2520 Problem: My WIFI has disappeared

westex74

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Was using my 2520 last night, and it just went dead. Put it back on the charger and a few minutes later it restarted fine. I logged in and noticed the Verizon cell radio was on and connected. I turned it off as I never use it when I am home on WIFI.

Here's the interesting part: I don't seem to have a WIFI option anymore. It's just....gone. Looked through all the settings and there simply does not exist a place to turn on WIFI. I have an airplane mode and a mobile connection button. that's it.

Strange. Anybody else experience this?

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Long press on the windows key, select device manager. What do you see under Network Adapters? Any yellow is typically a bad sign. Even worse is if your card isn't listed at all.

bjork55308

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem and it just happened Saturday -- I thought it was triggered by updating but I have no idea. Did you ever find a solution?

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
id go to wi-fi drivers section in device manager and do a roll-back. they probably have been updated and something went wrong. it did this on my ThinkPad tablet.

1xls

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I know this post is almost four years old but it just stopped me from doing a hard reset on my 2520. I just went to device manager and found the WLAN adaptor was disabled. Enabled it, and that was all. Thanks guys.:wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon