Laggy performance??

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just want to preface this that I own a Surface Pro 3 so I am very spoiled by the performance of a Core i5 on a tablet.
But I also own a Dell Venue 8 Pro as well and the Atom processor is very snappy when it comes to launching apps and such.

When I use the Lumia 2520, it is very slow and laggy in launching apps if windows is updating in the background or anything is going on in the desktop and I try to use Mobile apps. I know that the Snapdragon 800 is as good as ARM gets for tablets so I want to blame this on WinRT8.1
Anyone else have performance issues?

JimmyRandall

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been fine since I had it back when it was released, maybe your running out of space on the internal memory? Any background tasks stuck running in task manager?

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same laggy experience on mine. There's always random and intermittent lag when opening, using, and switching apps, even after doing a reinstall. This will be the last windows tab I ever buy.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same laggy experience on mine. There's always random and intermittent lag when opening, using, and switching apps, even after doing a reinstall. This will be the last windows tab I ever buy.

That doesn't sound right, sorry to hear. Think everyone can get in touch with support here? I really want to say how it shouldn't be laggy and to perhaps try another unit or model. Eh its your decision.

I just recently picked up a Surface RT and I would imagine performance to be worse than the 2520, but much to my surprise it functions very well. I see the limits in games, benchmarks, and occasionally when starting or snapping an app, but nothing really laggy unless I'm pushing it like I was when it was updating everything and I was fiddling with it.
Huh.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't sound right, sorry to hear. Think everyone can get in touch with support here? I really want to say how it shouldn't be laggy and to perhaps try another unit or model. Eh its your decision.

I just recently picked up a Surface RT and I would imagine performance to be worse than the 2520, but much to my surprise it functions very well. I see the limits in games, benchmarks, and occasionally when starting or snapping an app, but nothing really laggy unless I'm pushing it like I was when it was updating everything and I was fiddling with it.
Huh.

My Nokia isn't slow, but it has a glitch that forces me to turn it on and off when it goes to sleep. I hope they have fixed it, but as far as I know they haven't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon