The Lumia 520 Black Update Thread

Rowan2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Got the update this evening (UK sim free) which was a nice surprise. Definitely happy with the ability to close down apps on a whim. Next we need a Do Not Disturb functionality to silence the phone at set times during the day :)

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Yup, updating now :D

Nokia availability page still says "Coming soon" lol

that happened to me once, I just 'fixed' it in windows 7

EDIT - Oh dear, I just got the dreaded "SD Card Error" on first boot..... Hope it hasn't corrupted it

Migrating Data atm, will update when it's done

EDIT 2 - SD Card still works, but complains on boot about an error telling me to put it in the PC....

That happened to me once, I just plugged it into my computer and 'fixed' it.

Muadh Choudhury

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

EDIT - Oh dear, I just got the dreaded "SD Card Error" on first boot..... Hope it hasn't corrupted it

EDIT 2 - SD Card still works, but complains on boot about an error telling me to put it in the PC....

Hmm, strange. Mine updated without issue, albeit taking an age to prepare! My calendar live tile just stopped updating though, any ideas?

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I've been getting an SD card error since I bought the phone, every time I need to restart it :-/

I just ignore it and move on, it always works :p (I have a 4GB Sandisk card)

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if maximum ISO and shutter speed in Nokia Camera changed to 3200 and 1 sec?
If so, I am reluctant to update to Black...

Hotrippr

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
After flashing to Vodafone firmware a week ago to get the Black update, I have now flashed back to CV Spain, since we got the update yesterday, working perfectly. Patience is a virtue haha. It's just that most of the time things get done 10 times slower here. Live and learn.

Fuad Huda

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140216_0002[1].png
Are u using proxy 103.13.29.118:8888?,. i have trying with this proxy n work, i have 3 sim card with different operators, just one can instal with this proxy, for another not able,. maybe u can use fiddler,

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
103.13.29.118:8888 worked for me, although not sure if I needed it or not because the download still failed until I disabled Proxy

But I have Refocus installed on my 520 now :)

It's not really 'Refocussing' though, it just takes a few photos in and out of focus and fades between each one as you touch the focussed image

EDIT - Proxy was needed, just gone back to the market page for Refocus and it states not available for my phone

Already installed thanks, Bwahaha :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar