Updating Phone Leads To lost all apps,contacts,video and all thing.

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends,
Mine Nokia Dealer said me that by updating your phone you lost all contacts and all stuff that on your mobile. tell me what should I do as I need an update of newly black, which already arrived, but yet not updated....:unhappysweat:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ummm... updating should not make you lose any apps, contacts, video or anything. Unless of course the update goes wrong and messes up the phone then you will need to do a hard reset.The update just updates the phones. It doesn't delete anything. But to be safe before updating Go to Settings and Backup. Make sure Backup is on for "app list+settings" and for photos. I think contacts will pretty much be remembered if they have been linked to a Microsoft account, facebook or something like that. Or maybe your provider has provided you a special way to backup contacts. Now for videos not sure if they are backed up with the photos or not. So I would just upload them to OneDrive. Then that pretty much covers all your bases incase the update goes wrong. I would check to see if anyone else has posted issues with the update. If not I would go ahead and update. Hope this was beneficial to you.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Updating your phone by downloading the update over WiFi and installing will not cause you to lose any data.
Contacts are automatically backed up to your email accounts anyway, and there is no risk of losing them.
Personally, before updating I always back up photos and music etc to my computer. However, after doing the amber and black updates on 2 phones each, I have not lost any data. So don't worry.

If you plan to flash the phone with a rom from NSU or if the Nokia store is going the flash the phone for you, then you will lose your photos etc. In that case, back up the pictures, music, app list, text messages etc before you flash the phone. Contacts are automatically backed up, as I said, and once you enter your email address/es, the contacts will be downloaded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon