wifi problem on connecting at home?

gameson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
my lumia 520 always drop wifi connection at home. i have to always go to settings -> wifi, then it will reconnect again

i do not have this same problem on my 4S, 5, N7, or Z10, only on 520.

is this a windows OS problem (all apps and OS are updated to latest official OS)? Or HW problem?

Thanks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What router are you using? Does your router have the latest firmware?

What type of security are you using on your network?

Are you using a fixed channel on your router or is it set to "automatic"? I had issues with my 920 disconnecting from my network, but that was due to the "automatic" setting on my router. I changed the router to channel 11, which none of my neighbours use, and the disconnection stopped.

gameson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i do not think the problem is in my router, because if it is, i would experience the same with all my other devices as noted, but all my other devices never drop connection, except 520.

gameson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 520 still have this wifi issue even after Lumia Cyan update.

other gadgets in the house (Android 4.4.4, iOS 7.1.2, Windows 8.1) can always stick to Wifi all day long, and acquire Wifi automatically whenever the devices are in the Wifi range.

My 520? not so much. It drops Wifi consistently, also it can not acquire automatically until like few hours later. I have to manually turn off than turn on the wifi on 520 and then it acquires it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon