Lumia 520 updates

Hazem Khaled

May 27, 2014
Visit site
My brother is going to but L520 next week and i was wondering what is the size of all the updates for it since lunch ? and what is going to happen if i lost internet connection while updating ? can i resume updating later ? and can i update using 3G ( unlimited :smile: ) ?

Sameer Beri

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hope u won't lose internet connection and u need WiFi to update your phone if update size is more than 50Mb or 100MB :). and one more suggestion is to buy L630 :smile:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone could be more up-to-date than when it launched.
You're looking at a few hundred megabytes I'd say.
You may be able to update using cellular, data settings allowing.

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I activated my brand new 520 about 2 weeks ago. The only updates I saw was on the apps tile. It said there were 17. Most were small, a couple megabytes here and there. I only updated maybe 10 of them because I didn't use the other apps. I did each one individually, most only took a few seconds. But I did them at home using my router's wifi.

I also went to setting to do a phone update. I've checked it a couple times a week and it says my phone is fully up to date, I didn't need a phone update. I guess it was done at the factory. Maybe all new 520's are updated now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes