Dropped Lumia 520 in water?

anon(9180143)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I recently dropped by 2 month old Nokia Lumia 520 in water. I took it home and dried it with a towel then put it in a bag of rice. I tried starting it up one morning, when it wouldn't start. I realized this was an issue with the power button, though, as removing the battery then putting it back in made the phone vibrate. The AT&T logo showed, but then the phone turned off. I tried charging it overnight, and I tried starting it then, but the same thing happened. I've been trying repeatedly since, getting a few different outcomes:
1. Phone gets to AT&T screen, turns off
2. Phone gets to NOKIA screen, turns off
3. Phone gets to AT&T screen, BSODs
4. Phone starts, loads something, turns off
5. Phone starts, but volume button is stuck holding up.

These all happened in random order. Also, after dropping it in, the battery fell out. I took the phone and the battery out of the water, and noticed two red oval shaped stickers on the top right corner of the battery and the place where the battery sits. Is this like a warranty void thing?

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid I can't answer your questions, but have a funny story to share. One of my friends dropped his 520 in the toilet. He left it on the radiator for the day, and it started up again.

anon(9180143)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hm. Okay then, thanks for the answers. I guess it's too late to try any solutions at this point. I did actually get it to fully start, but it crashes and shuts down whenever I try to open any app. Guess it's bricked then, whomp. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital