How's your Lumia 520?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Having this phone for 1 1/2 years already and I haven't experienced any problem from it since Day 1 except for the heating problem. Performance has always been buttery smooth. $180 well spent!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My sister's 521 (520 except for T-Mo US) has held up nicely in the past 1-1.5 years. Performance leaves much to be desired to her, and the camera certainly needs an upgrade (hoping to score a 925 at a good price) but its held up surprisingly well considering the scratches and dents all over the place.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just bought 2 of them for $19 each as a backup phone (I already have 4 but couldn't resist the price). Though I've owned the 521 for a few days, I haven't actually used it with the Cyan firmware.

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Perfect start up device into the world of smartphones. You realize what you want, what you need, what you don't need, what you have money for. I haven't had a single serious problem. (once I broke it and got repaired, cause I didn't have money for new over, secondly power button styled working.

I started looking for new device but as a student in EU I don't really have much time working along my free time activities which are more important for me. SDK u don't have money so I just wait what comes along going that financial situation and situation with w10 will change a lot.

But I really like the 730 when it comes to WP

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have been using 520 for 11 months and the only problem I had was that the power button stopped working. Got that fixed by the company but again it broke. I fixed it myself and now its working awesome. As for the heating issue, it happened with me as well when I played asphalt but after updating to cyan the heating issue disappeared. I must say that money didn't went to waste. ^_^

FOLLOW me on Twitter & Instagram

Just Blank

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
i purchased it for $20 on amazon. been using it as a media player for a few days. it's missing some features i need like being able to use a static ip for the wifi connection. i can't make folders on the start screen. is that included in cyan? because thats the latest update i got.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have been using phone 6 month. I have only one issue, screen is too small for some games. No big deal, but ...

Well, the screen is only 4 inches...

If you want bigger phones there's a ton of choices out there - 630, 730, 535... Be careful with the 535 though... It has quite a lot of problems

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine is perfect. I've heard other complain about the power/volume buttons, but I've had zero issues. If I go from using my 920 to my 520, I really miss the ClearBlack display, but it's not too big of a deal. I really just wish the 520 had an equalizer. All in all, it's a fantastic little phone, especially for the money.

mskoch123

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for 3 days, got all the updates (8.1 Cyan) and a few games. Very impressed with this low cost device and the UI. Using it to play music from Pandora and remote for Roku and the PC (connected to the TV). Very smooth so far, load time isn't superfast but it's to be expected. Playing games does cause it to get warm. Cortana is pretty cool.

Just Blank

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
i've had it for about a week. i like it so far. the camera is better than i expected as well as the low screen res. it works for me. but there are small issues. i had to register in app studio to get the latest OS updates. i can now make folders on my start screen. the wifi is a pain for me. it seems with battery saver even turned off, my wifi cannot stay connected overnight. i check my wifi connection before i go to bed. it works. i wake up a few hours later, the wifi icon is present in the status bar, but my ip is 169.254.167.29. meaning it's not getting an ip from my router. this is strange as i only plan to use this device as a media player as a constant wifi connection is very important to me. is there any fixes i can try out to keep it connected to wifi?

i have a bunch of android devices running gingerbread to kit kat and they all stay connected to wifi for weeks, yet i can't get the 520, my only windows phone device, to stay connect to wifi overnight. any tips?

DingosStable

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Switched back to my old Lumia 520 from 535.

Better build Quality, better Screen, Camera Button, Better GPU.
Difference between the overall speed is not as high as excepted.

The 520 ist still a bad *** phone!

NOTE: I work for a big european Telco Company, everbody has High End sized Smartphones. When anybody of them see my 520, they dont believe it is a budget phone, because of the speed, haptic and features.

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 520 since September 2013, and it is still going strong. Camera, battery and display are underwhelming though; I can hardly see what's on the screen when I'm outside. I don't play many games on it, so it's still quite fast, which is surprising considering its incredibly low specs. Probably gonna upgrade to the 640 XL soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck