TouchScreen Nokia lumia 520

Francu Emilian

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. For a couple of weeks I'm having problems with my new touch screen. For example the moment when I'm trying to type a message or any kind of text and my phone freezes a fraction of a second and suddenly the phone types a long line of random characters ( every time). Until now I changed the touch screen 2 times and same problem...of course I've did an hard reset of the phone, but the problem still didn't disappear.
Does anyone have an idea why is this happening ? I've bought the touch screens from a phone service. I am sure that I didn't made a mistake when changing the touch screen (meaning that I've connected correctly and with care, w/o damaging the pins).
I beg you, can anyone help me with a solution, because it is very annoying when typing any kind of text, at a moment the phone starts typing by himself.
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards, Emi

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I had this same problem with my Nokia Lumia 520. Unfortunately, I never found a solution for this 'phantom touch'. My Lumia 520 now sits unused on my desk, next to my new Lumia 640 and my daily driver (a Lumia 830).

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It honestly sounds like the touchscreen being provided is one of those that are not OEM, but a 3rd party and it isn't fully compatible or is of poor quality build. Either that, or the controller for the touchscreen is bad in the phone itself.

If you've already gone through that many touchscreens and still having issues, it may be time for a different phone, regrettably.

Francu Emilian

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello again. Thank you all for your opinions. I am very surprised that in this case if you damage your touchscreen, the only solution will be just by changing the phone, instead of selling compatible touchscreens.
Wish you all happy holidays and Happy Christmas.
Kind regards, Emi

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Hello again. Thank you all for your opinions. I am very surprised that in this case if you damage your touchscreen, the only solution will be just by changing the phone, instead of selling compatible touchscreens.
Wish you all happy holidays and Happy Christmas.
Kind regards, Emi

Unfortunately, the problems might go deeper than just the touchscreen that you can replace easily. Anything can break in a phone and in some cases the trouble of repairing something is more effort and costly than the phone is worth over all.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
At this point it is probably more cost effective to get another phone. There are several models out there that should not set you back much and they probably have better specs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes