Keyboard disable writing a document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurkizu

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
A few months ago I bought a Surface Pro 7 that I use mainly to write documents and update a customer database.
From the beginning I observed the following problem with the keyboard and touch pad.
I open a Word document and start writing. When I stop typing for 30 seconds or more, the keyboard and touch pad are deactivated. When I type new words they are not written in the document, and I notice that a keyboard icon is displayed on the taskbar for 5 seconds. When this icon disappears, the system allows me to write again in the document.
It is not a sporadic problem but it happens whenever I stop typing more than 30 seconds in the document. This happens with any type of document, Word, text file, database,… ..
I use Windows 10 Home and the operating system is fully up to date. I have updated the Surface Pro 7's own drivers twice.
I've searched the internet for all possible solutions to Surface keyboard problems but haven't found the solution so far.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sure you don't have a defective keyboard? The solution might be to contact support and see if you can get a replacement keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss