lumia 520 shuts itself down and doesn't turn on until battery is removed and then connected

explorer887

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
A person who uses a Lumia 520:
- pressed the Power button to turn on the screen, but the screen did not turn on;
- pressed and hold the Power button for a few seconds, in order to Power Off, but the screen did not turn on;
- removed the back cover, disconnected the battery, connected the battery, closed the back cover;
- pressed and hold the Power button for a few seconds, and the screen turned on, and Windows Phone 8.1 started, and the battery was at around 70%.

Why did it shut itself down if the battery was not below 70% ? Is this a hardware issue, or a software issue ? Can this issue be fixed ?

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I've never experienced this with my backup 520, so this is just a guess. Check the contacts on the battery and inside the phone. It is possible that they could have become dirty or corroded and don't always make contact. Removing the battery and replacing it may be all that was required to fix the problem completely, but if it happens again, my hunch is you'll need a replacement battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon