Lumia 525 crashed and is by default on airplane mode

Rashi86

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 525 has crashed. When I switch on the phone, it shows a message in red "Not for resale". After it switches on, the charge is nil and when you look at the battery bar, it will seem as if the phone is on charging. I can't access anything. When I click on setting, it goes black for 3 seconds and the phone screen appears back. The there is no signal, it shows a default airplane mode.

I don't understand. I bought this phone in April. And I don't know why on the start blue screen, it shows "Not for resale" bottom left (in red font).

:unhappysweat::shocked::crying:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
That's suppose to only be displayed on a "dummy" phone. Basically, ones that you find in retail stores.

There was a trick to switch those dummy phones into fully working ones by:

-settings
-about
-flip phone to landscape (a new option should appear at bottom of screen)

This option ONLY shows if its a dummy retail phone.

Rashi86

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
But I have been using this phone since two months. It was working fine. Last couple of days, when i received phone call, after picking up the phone, screen would go black. I could't put phone on speaker or do anything while on call and today the phone only crashed. I will take it to Nokia Center today. I hope they will help me.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, plz take it there and post back what happened.

Did you update anything? Also, where did you buy it?

Not for resale definitely not suppose to be on your screen.

Rashi86

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I will definitely post back what the Nokia Care would tell me. I did not update my phone and I bought my phone on 26 April 2014.

Rashi86

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Well here is what happened. I went to the Nokia Care. They took my phone and said it is a software issue, come back in the morning the next day and collect your phone. They gave me the back cover+battery. The next morning I got my phone back. They formatted it or something because all my apps and stuff were gone!!
No other info was given to me except for the fact that there was SOFTWARE ISSUE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes