Mount as Mass Storage Device (no MTP)

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I just got a new Lumia 620 and I was trying to transfer my music into it without using the Windows Phone App, since is widely known that it messes up with tags and cover arts.
I thought I was able to manually move my Music with Drag and Drop, and indeed this is what happens, since the telephone and the memory card both show up in Windows Explorer...
But they show up as MTP device, so I can't "map their address" and use any "file syncing program" (as FreeFileSync) to transfer files.

Is there any way to have the memory card showing up as "Mass Storage Device" (thus, having Explorer assigning it a letter)?

hoosiers7120

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
When ever I plug my lumia 920 in a windows machine it automatically assigns a letter drive to it and there are 4-5 folders inside it with Music being one of them. If your using a Mac then you will not see the drive at all.

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
When ever I plug my lumia 920 in a windows machine it automatically assigns a letter drive to it and there are 4-5 folders inside it with Music being one of them. If your using a Mac then you will not see the drive at all.

This is what I though it would happen, but it just doesn't...
This is what I see when my 620 is plugged:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jbv25emil4inf7/Screen.PNG

As you see, the telephone and the MMC are shown, but as a MTP device, s without a "letter"

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
syncing the music is a bug big mess...
>> you can plug your windows phone to your computer, then using Windows media player to sync music. There's a sync Tab on WMP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes