Lumia 620 Warranty Replacement - Refurbished?

ronnyk

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
On the 21st of October, my three month old 620 started vibrating incessantly. Took it to Nokia Care. They said it's a board level issue and needs to be shipped to Nokia for repair, which would take 12 working days.

Today, I received a call saying that the package has arrived and they've sent a replacement device.

The IMEI of the replacement device is xxxxxxxxxx58400 and my original device had xxxxxxxxxx21739 (xxxxxxxxxx is the same set of numbers in both cases). Looking at the IMEI, I believe the replacement device is newer (not sure though).

Opened the keypad and keyed in ##634# - and the lifetime counter shows 00:08:26 (after I made a call that lasted for about 20 sec).

Does it mean that the replacement device is refurbished (although it looks new)? Did they reset the lifetime counter (If that is possible)? :eck:

karthikt94

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
When they send you a replacement device, do they simply give you just a bare handset, without the battery and the backpanel?
Or do they give you a new box?

Just curious!

ronnyk

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
When they send you a replacement device, do they simply give you just a bare handset, without the battery and the backpanel?
Or do they give you a new box?

Just curious!
Apologies for the delayed reply.

Well, actually mine came wrapped in the sheet of paper which turned out to be the replacement note from Nokia. However, the folks at Nokia Care told me that they only ship the device without the battery and back panel to Nokia. What I now have is a replacement device with only the battery and back panel from the device that I originally purchased.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon