Lumia 625 Not Shutting Down Properly

BlueJules

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have been experiencing some very strange shut-down behaviour with my Lumia 625.
I have owned it for about two weeks.
Friday Night
I recently shut it down over night fully (power key and swipe down), with about 50%-70% charge remaining.
Saturday Morning
The next morning, I try starting it up.
Nothing, except that the camera flash on the back started flashing on and off whenever I pressed the power key.
I tried pressing and holding the power key for 8 seconds (soft reset) - nothing, just more flashing.
I tried plugging the phone into its charger, and all that happened was that the camera flash kept intermittently flashing, as long as it was plugged in.
Same for the PC, just camera flash, but phone not mounted as a drive (as it would not start).
Tried soft reset repeatedly
Eventually, I gave up and left it. Did not even leave it plugged in as the camera flash was annoying.
Saturday Afternoon
7 hours later, I tried again. This time, the camera flash blinked once, and the phone buzzed and sprang to life as normal.
I check the charge and it is at 20%!
The battery monitor indicated that it had been discharging at a steady rate all night and all day, notwithstanding full shut down!
So I charge the phone fully this time and try it again last night.
Sunday Morning
Same thing this morning (will not restart) and this afternoon (restarts, and shows a steady battery drain).
Again, only restarted once the battery got to 20% (could be a red herring, but interesting).
What to do?
I am now at a point where I effectively cannot switch the phone fully off, without having to go through the above rigmarole.
It works great otherwise, so this is most irritating.
Any clues anyone?
I did note that for other models, sometimes you have to switch off twice.
Julian

BlueJules

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for you reply. Just updated the phone with Lumia Black, so will monitor for a day or two, before taking the plunge!
Julian

BlueJules

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I think I have solved it.
I did this following:-
  • Removed the "Battery" (just one word) App
  • Switched of "battery saving"
  • Switched to automatic brightness
  • Removed "App Social"
One of those items was the culprit.
When I restarted after full shut down, the time kept resetting.
But after two full restarts, it seems to have settled down.
I suspect the "Battery" app. The statistics table was corrupted, and it may have been preventing shut down.
Who knows.
Julian

BlueJules

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Oh dear, none of those items was the culprit. Again, if I shut it down, and leave it off all night, I get all the strange behaviour noted above when trying to restart. I gues a hard reset (or never swtiching off) is the only answer now.
Julian

Cry Love

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Sr for my bad English, i got a problem like this and i try to search it on GG, no way for me, i did everything and its not work. 5 hours after, my phone is out of battery ( i pressed the power key and flashlight off ), then i tried plugging the phone into its charger... WOW my phone was buzzed...and start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon