lumia 625

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
As long as you have the Photos tile pinned to your start screen and it is the medium or wide tile size, your pictures should randomly show on the Photos live tile. Is this what you're after?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Mark some of your photos as favourites. Then those photos will cycle on the live tile, if its medium or wide sized as mentioned by dznk.

chazbot123

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
you know when the phone closes,the screen you have to slide up,thats the screen i wanted the photos to appear randomly,when i first got the phone and i linked facebook with it ,it gave me the option to have all my facebook albums randomly show on that screen,but i changed networks and had to open the phone,and it froze on me, so i had to reset to factory default,but i don't know how i did the photo thing now,also i had the photos as a large tile on start screen,but now it wont pin for me, thanks for replying to my post, any help gratefully appreciated:smile:

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Ah right, you're referring to the Lock Screen. To change the Lock Screen background, go into Settings, then tap 'lock screen'. Then tap the drop down box which says Background. You can now choose which application you want to manage your lock screen background. If you have Facebook installed, I believe you will just choose Facebook from that list, then just below, tap 'open app' to open Facebook to configure it for your lock screen. I don't actually use Facebook myself, but those should be the steps to enable Facebook to manage your lock screen, as long as you have the Facebook app installed.

When you say the Photo app won't pin, what happens when you tap and hold Photos in your app list and then choose 'pin to start'? Is it greyed out or does the tile just not appear?

chazbot123

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
ah thanks for that :amaze: ,i think thats it sorted,it just depends on the app version of facebook i download ,some work and some dont..And yes when i attempt to pin the photos from the apps list , pin to start just appears in grey and has no function.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No problem :) Usually when you try and pin an app and you find that it's greyed out, it usually means it is already pinned to your start screen. Just double check on your start screen that the Photos tile is not already pinned. It may be that it's already pinned as a small tile and you haven't noticed it. If it is pinned as a small tile, it will look like the tile I have circled in the picture below. Note the tile itself is steel grey in colour, as that's my current theme colour, but yours would be whatever your theme colour is at the moment. If you find it, just make the tile bigger and it should scroll through your picture albums then.

photostile.jpg

itshimanshu

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Set your photo tile at medium or large then tap to tile once photo app opened,tap . . . at bottom right corner and choose shuffle background.then restart the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial