Removing the battery from the Nokia Lumia 625

Conor Mayling

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Will physically removing the inner back cover to take out the battery harm the phone's hardware?

I want to hard reset my phone manually by taking the battery out because i am not able to hard reset it through the buttons because of a start up error. When i start up my phone, an error displays, saying: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any button to shut down.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Will physically removing the inner back cover to take out the battery harm the phone's hardware?

I want to hard reset my phone manually by taking the battery out because i am not able to hard reset it through the buttons because of a start up error. When i start up my phone, an error displays, saying: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any button to shut down.

id suggest against it as its a unibody design and your issue can only be solved by nokia care
hard reset will not take place by removing the battery, thats a soft reset which can be done by pressing and holding the power+vol down buttons
i dont think you can fix the issue by diy you can still reflash and give it a try but its tough and you may lose data

heres another old thread with the same problem-
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ia-822-unable-find-bootable-option-error.html

Conor Mayling

May 15, 2014
Visit site
id suggest against it as its a unibody design and your issue can only be solved by nokia care
hard reset will not take place by removing the battery, thats a soft reset which can be done by pressing and holding the power+vol down buttons
i dont think you can fix the issue by diy you can still reflash and give it a try but its tough and you may lose data

heres another old thread with the same problem-
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ia-822-unable-find-bootable-option-error.html

I can't soft reset it with the power+vol down buttons.
And what sort of data will i lose, because i have already lost some of the data like the preferred settings and apps from the error message?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I can't soft reset it with the power+vol down buttons.
And what sort of data will i lose, because i have already lost some of the data like the preferred settings and apps from the error message?

you might lose all personal data
i suggest you try the nokia care way but if you are adventurous ,try nokias software recovery tool it might fix your issue

but remember you will lose ALL your personal data and may not even be able to fix the issue its a chance you will have to think about to take

Conor Mayling

May 15, 2014
Visit site
you might lose all personal data
i suggest you try the nokia care way but if you are adventurous ,try nokias software recovery tool it might fix your issue

but remember you will lose ALL your personal data and may not even be able to fix the issue its a chance you will have to think about to take

But I mean like, will I lose data from the OS? I don't mind the personal data because i can sync contacts and such alike (if i can get it fixed).
I have tried the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, but that hasn't worked because it says that my phone is not supported, maybe because i am running the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers program.

Do you have a rough prediction of what will happen when i do take the battery out and reinsert it?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But I mean like, will I lose data from the OS? I don't mind the personal data because i can sync contacts and such alike (if i can get it fixed).
I have tried the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, but that hasn't worked because it says that my phone is not supported, maybe because i am running the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers program.

Do you have a rough prediction of what will happen when i do take the battery out and reinsert it?

no clue but i think itll just be a soft reset so it wont help you
do you still have warranty?

Conor Mayling

May 15, 2014
Visit site
no clue but i think itll just be a soft reset so it wont help you
do you still have warranty?

Yes, i still have warranty and it is being sent off to get repaired or replaced today. Luckily, my phone did not recognize the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers program, so it did not affect my warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes