Extras + Info Problem , Software Release Name is Wrong

Eng Mohamed Khalil

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
hello ,, i have a weird problem
i live in egypt and my carrier is Vodafone
the problem is the software release name in extras + info it says Lumia Amber
while im running cyan.
NOTE: all cyan features working just fine.

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
hello ,, i have a weird problem
i live in egypt and my carrier is Vodafone
im using Preview for developers on my phone and my phone is supposed to be up to the date
the problem is the software release name in extras + info it says Lumia Amber
while im running cyan.
NOTE: all cyan features working just fine

If you are using 8.1 DP, then you won't have Cyan. Cyan is firmware and is only bundled with the official 8.1 release. DP only updates to 8.1 (OS)

Cyan is firmware for the phone's hardware. Cyan is NOT the WP8.1 OS.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of confusion over Cyan.

If Extra+Info says Amber, then you will be running the Amber firmware....

Eng Mohamed Khalil

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If you are using 8.1 DP, then you won't have Cyan. Cyan is firmware and is only bundled with the official 8.1 release. DP only updates to 8.1 (OS)

Cyan is firmware for the phone's hardware. Cyan is NOT the WP8.1 OS.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of confusion over Cyan.

If Extra+Info says Amber, then you will be running the Amber firmware....

thanks for reply i got it , but when i first purchased my phone it was running amber then i updated it to lumia black using nokia software recovery tool and in extras + info the right software release version name " Lumia Black " was written but when i inserted my sim card i got a notification says " Phone Updated " and then the phone restarted so i opened extras + info again and it says Lumia Amber again

NOTE: i wasn't using DP

medo3000

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
thanks for reply i got it , but when i first purchased my phone it was running amber then i updated it to lumia black using nokia software recovery tool and in extras + info the right software release version name " Lumia Black " was written but when i inserted my sim card i got a notification says " Phone Updated " and then the phone restarted so i opened extras + info again and it says Lumia Amber again

NOTE: i wasn't using DP

Same exact situation here the name has changed from black to amber after I inserted the Vodafone SIM and I'm from Egypt too.

Kirolos Edward

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
i've this wired problem too when i first purchased the phone -l625- it was amber and it has all the lumia black features but it still show amber even after installing the firmware "lumia black" from the computer using "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" still shows lumia amber now i'm using 8.1 DP still shows amber so i deal with it and don't care about these colors :')

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon